ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-25-2023, 10:45 PM   #1071
Eko123
Body without Organs
Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse toyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Thanks, but as I wrote, the one I am looking for is Hush Batman. He is not available at any Canadian retailer from what I can see. Do you know if these have been released in stores yet? Because I might still have a chance to find him in stores.

And I need that Batman over Knightfall since this one comes with the green ring to go with my Hush Superman.
Ah, I see. I haven't seen any of the figures physically in stores yet, just on Walmart.ca. Keep on checking the Walmart website as they may get a restock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Release when?
Unfortunately, no release dates have been given yet by McFarlane Toys. I'm guessing soon?

Have to admit, the Knightfall Batman will probably go well with the 100th Anniversary Superman, the Gold Label classic Martian Manhunter and the upcoming Pre-Flashpoint Barry Allen Flash.
Eko123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 11:24 PM   #1072
4lott
Master of the Universe

That last one caught me off guard. Has the pre-flashpoint Barry been officially announced and are there pics?
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 07:59 AM   #1073
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield
Angry Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse toyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
That last one caught me off guard. Has the pre-flashpoint Barry been officially announced and are there pics?
Are we talking about this?

https://twitter.com/mcfarlanetoys/st...18892879998978
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:01 AM   #1074
toyguy99
Cobra Trooper

Preordered the Dark Knight Trilogy Wave from Gamestop. They charged my card and changed the release date to tomorrow so I assume it will be shipping early.
toyguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:02 AM   #1075
philtastic
Master of the Universe

What's the 100th Anniversary Superman? I could only find a 12" statue online, and I have to say the face looks horrible. I don't understand why every single McFarlane Superman figure has at least one major, glaring fault that totally ruins the whole thing for me.
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:02 AM   #1076
Hangfest
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Thanks, but as I wrote, the one I am looking for is Hush Batman. He is not available at any Canadian retailer from what I can see. Do you know if these have been released in stores yet? Because I might still have a chance to find him in stores.

And I need that Batman over Knightfall since this one comes with the green ring to go with my Hush Superman.
I had Hush Batman pre-ordered at GameStop and they let me know back in early March that it had been cancelled and they wouldn't be getting any. They also cancelled Deadman and the accessory pack 2 as well.

The rest of the wave wasn't cancelled but they haven't received any of them yet. Those ones seem readily available through both Amazon and Walmart though (Freeze, Cat Woman, etc).

Given that Hush Batman doesn't seem to be available through Amazon (listed but unavailable), Walmart (listed but unavailable), or GameStop at this point, while the rest of that wave is, there might be Canadian distribution issues on that particular figure (ie. Didn't ship through CAD distribution, or quantities were very limited).

None of the smaller shops seem to have him either, and given that CMD Store has him listed at $69.99 (out of stock), lends some support to the idea that it may not have hit distribution up here at all (CMD tends to jack up the retail on anything rare, so if they got some and knew no one else did, they would for sure charge a mint for it).
Hangfest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:09 AM   #1077
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangfest View Post
I had Hush Batman pre-ordered at GameStop and they let me know back in early March that it had been cancelled and they wouldn't be getting any. They also cancelled Deadman and the accessory pack 2 as well.

The rest of the wave wasn't cancelled but they haven't received any of them yet. Those ones seem readily available through both Amazon and Walmart though (Freeze, Cat Woman, etc).

Given that Hush Batman doesn't seem to be available through Amazon (listed but unavailable), Walmart (listed but unavailable), or GameStop at this point, while the rest of that wave is, there might be Canadian distribution issues on that particular figure (ie. Didn't ship through CAD distribution, or quantities were very limited).

None of the smaller shops seem to have him either, and given that CMD Store has him listed at $69.99 (out of stock), lends some support to the idea that it may not have hit distribution up here at all (CMD tends to jack up the retail on anything rare, so if they got some and knew no one else did, they would for sure charge a mint for it).
GameStop's buyer was fired a few months back, and wasn't yet replaced when it came time to for the distributor to ship the Hush Batman, so they sold it to the independent retailers like CMD, who got the bulk of the shipment. CMD told me they picked up at least several hundred units of the Hush Batman (I don't remember the exact number I was told). But I believe they had the most of any Canadian shop, aside from maybe WalMart.

Several other McFarlane figures were cancelled at GameStop for the same reason. Mostly Gold Label figures, so I guess those might go through a different channel than the mainline figures, but that's just speculation on my part.
Old 04-26-2023, 09:13 AM   #1078
Hangfest
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
GameStop's buyer was fired a few months back, and wasn't yet replaced when it came time to for the distributor to ship the Hush Batman, so they sold it to the independent retailers like CMD, who got the bulk of the shipment. CMD told me they picked up at least several hundred units of the Hush Batman (I don't remember the exact number I was told). But I believe they had the most of any Canadian shop, aside from maybe WalMart.

Several other McFarlane figures were cancelled at GameStop for the same reason. Mostly Gold Label figures, so I guess those might go through a different channel than the mainline figures, but that's just speculation on my part.
Good to know. I found it odd that a seemingly random selection of McFarlane items had been cancelled at GS, so that certainly explains it on that front. Besides Hush Batman, it did seem to mostly be Gold Label or McFarlane store exclusives like the accessory pack 2.

That said, any thoughts on why GameStop missing out would mean that the other big retailers like Walmart and Amazon received little to no supply of it? They usually have ample supply of McFarlane items and both have much more purchasing power than GameStop.

I was keeping an eye on both, and never saw it actually go in stock at either retailer. Must've blinked and missed it I guess? I even had a CamelCamelCamel alert setup for Amazon, but never got a ping.
Hangfest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:36 AM   #1079
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangfest View Post
Good to know. I found it odd that a seemingly random selection of McFarlane items had been cancelled at GS, so that certainly explains it on that front. Besides Hush Batman, it did seem to mostly be Gold Label or McFarlane store exclusives like the accessory pack 2.

That said, any thoughts on why GameStop missing out would mean that the other big retailers like Walmart and Amazon received little to no supply of it? They usually have ample supply of McFarlane items and both have much more purchasing power than GameStop.

I was keeping an eye on both, and never saw it actually go in stock at either retailer. Must've blinked and missed it I guess? I even had a CamelCamelCamel alert setup for Amazon, but never got a ping.
Walmart received some. It was posted here, in fact, but sold out quick, though not super quick. They were also in hand at Walmart, not pre-orders, so they shipped immediately.

I suspect it may have been from the same allotment that was supposed to go to GameStop. I don't think Amazon.ca ever had their own inventory. Just third-party sellers. Amazon.com had their own inventory, but just briefly.
Old 04-26-2023, 01:04 PM   #1080
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Walmart received some. It was posted here, in fact, but sold out quick, though not super quick. They were also in hand at Walmart, not pre-orders, so they shipped immediately.

I suspect it may have been from the same allotment that was supposed to go to GameStop. I don't think Amazon.ca ever had their own inventory. Just third-party sellers. Amazon.com had their own inventory, but just briefly.
I can also confirm that Walmart Canada did have the Hush Batman in stock briefly, as I was able to get one online directly from Walmart (and not from a 3rd Party seller).

Same with the Gold Label Deadman, which is a Walmart exclusive (but is now out of stock. The Eradicator (which is both a Gold Label and a Walmart exclusive) still hasn't shown up here yet as far as I know.

Last edited by Eko123; 04-26-2023 at 01:22 PM.
Eko123 is online now   Reply With Quote