ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
pud333
Master of the Universe
Friday 13th 3 3/4 Jason Voorhees!

I'm a huge horror movie fan, particularly when it comes to slasher flicks. My favorite, of course, is Jason Voorhees. My friends and I used to do Friday 13th marathons, watching every movie back to back all in one day. Oddly enough, I've never owned a horror movie figure. But when I saw that Mezco released a Cinema of Fear Jason figure in my favorite 3 3/4" scale, I knew I had to have it!

Anyway, I got pretty excited when I received the toy, so I had to do a quick review.

I must say, the figure is awesome. Definitely the crown jewel of my 3 3/4" toys. He comes with a machete, stand, and removable mask. I believe there were only a thousand of these bad boys made for this year's toy fair.

The articulation is excellent, much like the 25th Joes, with shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, hip, ankle and neck articulation. The figure is somewhat restricted at the waist by the sculpt of the shirt, but it's still not bad.

The detail and paint application is probably the best I've ever seen in this scale. Just amazing. Although it doesn't show up that well on my crappy camera, the mask has very subtle dark staining around the edges, as well as the crack at the top where Jason got an axe to the head in the third movie. Even his pants are stained brown in spots! My only gripe is the red triangle that's on the forehead. It's on a wierd angle on mine, but I'm just nitpicking.

Overall, the quality is simply amazing. Unlike a lot of figures in this line, it feels sturdy and has weight to it. It's as if you had all the quality and detail from a 12 inch figure shrunk down to 3 3/4" scale.

The face only a mother could love:

And now for some fun. You know what happens next...

Finally, introducing, Super-Jason!

Oh, and here's the best part: The mask glows in the dark!

(Last picture not mine. My camera sucks, so I borrowed the picture from fridaythe13thfilms.com).

My girlfriend already hates him. She says it creeps her out that he stares at her from the bookshelf! Which, of course, means it was worth every penny. I can't wait to grab Freddy and Leatherface.

Last edited by pud333; 03-21-2009 at 10:04 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
Cemetary Man
Super Friend
Re: Friday 13th 3 3/4 Jason Voorhees!

I LOVE this! I have the 6 inch version of this toy, but the 3 3/4 inch scale rocks. Funny, the red triangle is the same on the 6-incher...
Cemetary Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Friday 13th 3 3/4 Jason Voorhees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemetary Man View Post
I LOVE this! I have the 6 inch version of this toy, but the 3 3/4 inch scale rocks. Funny, the red triangle is the same on the 6-incher...
I was informed by someone at Toyark that all of these figures had the same misapplication of the red triangle, not just mine.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jason voorhees