ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-19-2018, 05:25 PM   #1
Sharkdog
Premium Blend
San Diego Comic-Con 2018

This event just started, and I've been seeing some cool stuff trickle in.

I saw a pretty cool Diamond Select Infinity War Teen Groot, I don't know how he'll be sold (stand alone or with another fig). Little disappointed in the 3-pack I just bought now :P

We'll see more Marvel Legends stuff throughout the show I think, but the new Black Panther stuff is already looking pretty cool. I hope to pick up a Klaue at some point, and they finally look to be getting an accurate MCU T'Challa head sculpt!

Storm Collectibles announced a bunch of new licenses including Gears 5, I don't think they'll show anything at the show this year but my interest is piqued because I love Gears.

Anyone spot anything that you're particularly excited about yet?
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #2
cli1ck
Articulation Junkie
Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkdog View Post
Anyone spot anything that you're particularly excited about yet?
The Marvel Legends Vintage wave Ant-Man! I've been waiting for that deco since the Walgreens exclusive Black Ant!

Also SHF Hercule. Here's hoping for a Great Saiyaman with alt sunglasses/durag and Golden Warrior heads.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #3
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

Oh definitely, I don't collect DBZ Figuarts, but they always look great to me, and especially this Mr. Satan is looking top notch and so close to his on-screen depiction
Old 07-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #4
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cli1ck View Post
The Marvel Legends Vintage wave Ant-Man! I've been waiting for that deco since the Walgreens exclusive Black Ant!

Also SHF Hercule. Here's hoping for a Great Saiyaman with alt sunglasses/durag and Golden Warrior heads.
I was really hoping they would have done a new head sculpt on that Ant Man (possibly a removable helmet) and I wish they had another body that was between the size of the pizza spidey and sunfire buck, he looks a little too slender...and well the duck feet don't help.

very curious to see what other new Legends get put out on display and even just some new digital renderings at the panel.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #5
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

Didn't think I needed another Scarlet Spider, but now that the Vintage Wave Scarlet Spider comes with a Ben Reilly head, that goes out the window :P
Old 07-20-2018, 05:22 PM   #6
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield

Very excited for the black panther wave, definitely a response to the film's success. Not sure if they confirmed what the baf is yet but if it is M'baku then I guess I'm ordering a case. A shame Shuri isn't in this wave but according to fwoosh she's set for the first Avengers wave for 2019.

Also after today's showing from Mattel, again, going to be cautiously optimistic but it looks like a great selection for their DC Multiverse.
StaticShin27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:36 PM   #7
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

Pretty sure Shuri will be in the BP wave, they kept showing the figures with just a cutout silhouette of Shuri. I don’t think the figure is ready to show off.