ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #1911
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
How is that possible, who doesn’t want constable zuvio, 3 different double packed Rays, Finns? What about admiral Holdo, Maz kanaka,DJ and the rest? Why don’t people want to spend $30 on them? It’s almost like people want mainly want original trilogy, prequel and clone wars figures, but I guess Hasbro/Disney know best.
I hope that with the sequels over and done now that Hasbro can shake the dust off the shelves and start concentrating on re-invigorating the line. I think it’s passed due for a re-branding; new box styling, new numbering scheme, and refocus on original saga characters and even the old expanded universe. I’d like to think that Hasbro knows what needs to change, but we’re maybe hamstrung by some contract with Disney. With the sequels over I hope they’ll have more freedom to experiment with what heads out to retail.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:35 PM   #1912
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I'm just mad at myself, and shocked, at missing Ezra Bridger (from Rebels).

When his wave came out I figured he would shelf warm, or I could get him in a later restock. I thought for sure Chopper would be the harder to find figure. So I jumped on Chopper and skipped Ezra. Now Ezra goes for $100+ on the secondary market and Chopper is cheapsie.

I can only hope Hasbro does a rerelease down the line because I'm not paying that for Ezra.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:14 PM   #1913
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I'm just mad at myself, and shocked, at missing Ezra Bridger (from Rebels).

When his wave came out I figured he would shelf warm, or I could get him in a later restock. I thought for sure Chopper would be the harder to find figure. So I jumped on Chopper and skipped Ezra. Now Ezra goes for $100+ on the secondary market and Chopper is cheapsie.

I can only hope Hasbro does a rerelease down the line because I'm not paying that for Ezra.
I wouldn’t mind seeing stores like EB or TRU getting ‘exclusive’ box sets for some of these characters. Have a Rebels set, maybe a set with the various Clone Commander figures. Could be released under the Archive line since they would all be re-releases of older or harder to find figures.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:36 PM   #1914
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I wouldn’t mind seeing stores like EB or TRU getting ‘exclusive’ box sets for some of these characters. Have a Rebels set, maybe a set with the various Clone Commander figures. Could be released under the Archive line since they would all be re-releases of older or harder to find figures.
I have them all, we need a Zeb, Callus and first inquisitor!What a great cartoon.
Marvellegendsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:32 AM   #1915
Robimus
Super Moderator

For what its worth I do think The Mandalorian will get repacked in the future as well.

But yes, more Yavin Luke is extremely strange.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:24 PM   #1916
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Was chatting with a guy on Instagram and came to the head scratching revelation of how few Black Series figures there are for the Phantom Menace. Need a Jar Jar, young Anakin, Watto, Queen Amidala, Senator/Chancellor Palpatine. Hop to it Hasbro. These should have been out for the 20th Anniversary. I haz money. Will give it to you for plastic.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:40 PM   #1917
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Was chatting with a guy on Instagram and came to the head scratching revelation of how few Black Series figures there are for the Phantom Menace. Need a Jar Jar, young Anakin, Watto, Queen Amidala, Senator/Chancellor Palpatine. Hop to it Hasbro. These should have been out for the 20th Anniversary. I haz money. Will give it to you for plastic.
I think the higher ups at Disney/Lucasfilm have had the false impression that the “Prequels aren’t popular”.

Reality is they are far more popular and marketable than the Disney era projects in many ways, especially when it comes to toys.

I do sense that may be changing though, as people who are actual Star Wars fans get more and more sway in the company.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #1918
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I think the higher ups at Disney/Lucasfilm have had the false impression that the “Prequels aren’t popular”.

Reality is they are far more popular and marketable than the Disney era projects in many ways, especially when it comes to toys.

I do sense that may be changing though, as people who are actual Star Wars fans get more and more sway in the company.
Hopefully sales for Dooku, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, and Bly are strong. Selling those sell well might help.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:17 PM   #1919
Mitchbb
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Jar Jar is coming
Mitchbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:36 PM   #1920
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
For what its worth I do think The Mandalorian will get repacked in the future as well.
They would be insane not to.