ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 08-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
Vorahk
Clonetrooper
Target in canada.

Alright I might just be the only one here but I'm impressed with target lately. They have been getting stuff that the states have recently got or haven't gotten. Two days after some power rangers stuff came out in the states my target got the same thing. Even with Mattel batman line they got the latest waves before anyone else in town, some tfs before other stores. While though they are not getting their exclusives up here which is saddening. Happier note their toy isles are filling up now. Maybe a better time for target now? Picture is the latest wave of rangers that I haven't seen the states get em yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (86.5 KB, 56 views)
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #2
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme
Re: Target in canada.

My local Target got those Rangers as well as the latest Zords in a couple of weeks ago. When I went to the U.S. a week or so ago they did not have them in so like you I am mildly impressed with Target as of late. I hope they can continue this trend for the future. I still love their 70% off clearance sales, they do that better than TRU or WalMart.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #3
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Yeah they tend to have a lot more stuff than the Wal-Mart close by in Waterdown.

I reeeeeally hope that Target Canada gets the exclusive Star Wars Black Shadow Squadron set.

One thing Target does need to do though is have an online shop.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:59 PM   #4
Vorahk
Clonetrooper

Yes online shop would be good or let the American online site ship to canada.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #5
Robimus
Super Moderator

Target's biggest problem in Winnipeg is their store locations right now. They basically have two within five minutes of each other, and none open in the two largest shopping districts in the city.

But that will change soon when they open up what appears to be a new two story high store at Polo Park.

I've been pleased with the product selection when I've visited. It was really nice to see stuff like the Beast Hunters exclusives on the shelf when they first came out.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
It was really nice to see stuff like the Beast Hunters exclusives on the shelf when they first came out.
This. And for decent prices, not over inflated because they were exclusives. And they went on sale fairly soon after as well. This gives me hope for the aforementioned Shadow Squadron set.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

My local store just opened this passed weekend, but with super lackluster stock. The Walmart down the road from it has more recent TFs, Power Rangers and TMNT stock. Hoping they get themselves sorted out real quick, cause at the moment it's pretty much just another store with no draw to it. Might as well be a cleaner happier Zellers.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #8
PegMan
Non-stick coated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Target's biggest problem in Winnipeg is their store locations right now. They basically have two within five minutes of each other, and none open in the two largest shopping districts in the city.

But that will change soon when they open up what appears to be a new two story high store at Polo Park.

I've been pleased with the product selection when I've visited. It was really nice to see stuff like the Beast Hunters exclusives on the shelf when they first came out.
Yes indeed, I can't wait to not find any figures there too! Lol But I'll try a few times before I'm soured on it.
PegMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #9
FETT1
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
My local store just opened this passed weekend, but with super lackluster stock. The Walmart down the road from it has more recent TFs, Power Rangers and TMNT stock. Hoping they get themselves sorted out real quick, cause at the moment it's pretty much just another store with no draw to it. Might as well be a cleaner happier Zellers.
WOW..and they wonder why their stocks are taking a hit...they will never leaRn!!
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:36 PM   #10
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Their video game sale/clearance is most impressive for me. I saw GTAV, Batman Arkham Origins, and Splinter Cell for $10 just last week. Their clearance stuff is no joke too, $7 for Arkham City? Really great prices! Haha, I find myself staking out Targets for the next great deal for games.

Toys have been pretty good, they were the first to get ML Spideys. Though as of late they haven't been all that great for Marvel stuff.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote