ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 08-06-2014, 09:59 PM   #11
thunderboy
Clonetrooper
Re: Target in canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
Their video game sale/clearance is most impressive for me. I saw GTAV, Batman Arkham Origins, and Splinter Cell for $10 just last week. Their clearance stuff is no joke too, $7 for Arkham City? Really great prices! Haha, I find myself staking out Targets for the next great deal for games.

Toys have been pretty good, they were the first to get ML Spideys. Though as of late they haven't been all that great for Marvel stuff.
thats for sure....my local store had the tags up for the avengers infinite 4" for months.....to this day nary a one....
thunderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #12
collectvintage
Cobra Trooper

IMO target sucks here..... USA targets have larger toy aisles, with older product staying longer, but never taking up space for new product... some MU stuff target here cleared out so fast for 5.49 then 3.29 i never even got a chance! our aisles are constantly half empty, and when they clear things out for 70% nothing takes its place.. also if you scan an item over in the USA, it shows if there are any in the stockroom or not... their online store also carries all the in store figures, including the HTF ones like black widow
collectvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:09 AM   #13
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

I was surprised to see LEGO polybags. They actually had the Batman Tumbler. But not in the toy aisle, near the front registers. Not even TRU had that one.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:16 AM   #14
wedge1021
Mutant

They just updated their Price Match policy to include certain Online Competitors:

http://www.target.ca/en/support/price-match?lnk=gnav

(Amazon.ca, Walmart.ca, Bestbuy.ca, ToysRUs.ca, BabiesRUs.ca, CanadianTire.ca, Futureshop.ca and Sears.ca)

One more tool for us to use in our toy hunting!
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:19 AM   #15
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
They just updated their Price Match policy to include certain Online Competitors:

(Amazon.ca, Walmart.ca, Bestbuy.ca, ToysRUs.ca, BabiesRUs.ca, CanadianTire.ca, Futureshop.ca and Sears.ca)

Thanks wedge. Nice find

Old 08-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #16
MeisterJ4zz
Red Shirt

I'm weeping because I missed this. I wanted Arkham Origins and I was willing to get it by the time it reaches $19.99, but at $10???!!!

There must be nothing left good there now. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
Their video game sale/clearance is most impressive for me. I saw GTAV, Batman Arkham Origins, and Splinter Cell for $10 just last week. Their clearance stuff is no joke too, $7 for Arkham City? Really great prices! Haha, I find myself staking out Targets for the next great deal for games.

Toys have been pretty good, they were the first to get ML Spideys. Though as of late they haven't been all that great for Marvel stuff.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #17
iammingy
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by collectvintage View Post
IMO target sucks here..... USA targets have larger toy aisles, with older product staying longer, but never taking up space for new product... some MU stuff target here cleared out so fast for 5.49 then 3.29 i never even got a chance! our aisles are constantly half empty, and when they clear things out for 70% nothing takes its place.. also if you scan an item over in the USA, it shows if there are any in the stockroom or not... their online store also carries all the in store figures, including the HTF ones like black widow
Funny that you mention the Black Widow being sold in US Targets and their online store. The Captain America Marvel Legends weren't even available in Canadian Targets... The second series didn't even hit Toysrus... just Walmarts and comics stores...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up.
iammingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #18
liono
Red Shirt

Walmart over Target any day!!!
liono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #19
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Target had my 6" Stormtroopers. Walmart has Greedo. Thank you Target!

Old 08-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #20
Vorahk
Clonetrooper

My target now their toy aisles exploded with toys. Lego stock. Tfs target exclusives are there. Turtles stocked. Rangers stocked. Marvel universe stocked. Man target is getting better.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote