ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 05-10-2015, 11:55 PM   #11
Vorahk
Clonetrooper
Re: Jurassic world toys!

What the hell.....ok I saw the jw toys out and omg I have No idea of what to think of them. When I compared them to the allosaurus I got back in 2013 and they failed to compare. No articulation and the only things they have is the biting feature. What happened? Even Kenner back in the jp toys had more features than these.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:30 AM   #12
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorahk View Post
What the hell.....ok I saw the jw toys out and omg I have No idea of what to think of them. When I compared them to the allosaurus I got back in 2013 and they failed to compare. No articulation and the only things they have is the biting feature. What happened? Even Kenner back in the jp toys had more features than these.
I saw those new Jurassic World toys at TRU this week and was disappointed as well. I was hoping for something similar to the Jurassic Park Dino Showdown Allosaurus in terms of sculpt and articulation.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rapidrundowns

I hope you enjoy my videos! Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! Thank you for watching!
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:07 PM   #13
Vorahk
Clonetrooper

Hasbro made some good Dino's before so what the hell happened. Looked at those raptors and they have no articulation, no features just boring solid chunks of plastic that just look like a dinosaur. Even indominus(the huge one) and the only thing I cannot move anything but his arms and his jaws move. Ugh guess I'm sticking with the hero mashers.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #14
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

The real feel skin JP1 and 2 Rex's still hold up today. This hard plastic one, it just looks so...I dunno. It feels cheap looking compared to what was made so long ago. I mean, the big dino's aren't loaded with articulation but that was what, 1993? How is it these ones feel less impressive decades later?
Also, why are the lower jaws done so poorly? Why didn't they give it the full bottom jaw line and make it snap like the original 90's Raptor toy? So disappointing.
Although I keep thinking if I can them open I can remold and fix them into something better...but not at full price. I do need the Rex to go along with my other Rex's..
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:13 PM   #15
Vorahk
Clonetrooper

Yeah I'm with you I'm waiting on a sale to grab some of these but they look so badly done. if they made the raptors like they did back in 93 and maybe retool them to look like the new raptors then I'd be a happy camper. Come on hasbro the playschool line has better poseable dinosaurs. I don't get how they went from the Dino showdown sets which are awesome to these.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #16
FETT1
Agent of Shield

Hmmm...too bad to hear about the poor quality...but you know kids it comes down to nickel and cents these days ...stock holders rule the post for many companies ..make money make money ..etc etc ...

As far sales go...if your waiting for TRU CANADA to knock these out cheap you know this will never happen...heck I think I saw that last batch of Re release figures on their pegs for over 2 years !!!

Oi
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:52 PM   #17
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

Even a 25% off sale would be acceptable. Full price to buy and modify the rex, nope.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:19 PM   #18
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

So, I think the Stomp and Strike T-rex may get my attention. It certainly looks better than the rest of the JW toys. After watching the movie, I don't care about the I-rex, or really any of the JW toys. They are just SO crappy. I mean, they could have done something special with the raptors, and they don't have toe claws. I've seen playskool toys with more articulation. Even JP1 raptor had more.