ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 AM   #91
FreedomGundam
Red Shirt
Re: Post Your Hauls!

Small haul for me, uber mech/robot related:

- Gundam Weapons - Endless Waltz Wing Gundam Zero Custom edition [from local hobby store Sci-Fi Anime]
- JP GBA game - Super Robot Taisen J [MIB, from ILoveDinobot of TFW2005]

My third Gundam Weapons book (I might just want to get the G-Gundam one later on as I'm not much of a UC fan, mech-design-wise), and I still have a few Super Robot Taisen games to pick up (I want to get SRT K, but it's rather expensive right now).
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #92
JaySmith
Super Friend

- McFarlane NHL Series Trevor Linden (Vancouver Canucks Store Exclusive)
Old 05-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #93
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Some stuff I've gotten in the past few weeks that I didn't post about since I've been so overloaded with exams...

^ Got Rattrap and the PS2 game just yesterday, waited so long to get one of these guys!

More to come when I go to the post office.
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #94
MisBio12
Cobra Trooper

Who the hell is
Ingram 1 because I got him today
MisBio12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #95
JTCh
Toku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
Some stuff I've gotten in the past few weeks that I didn't post about since I've been so overloaded with exams...

^ Got Rattrap and the PS2 game just yesterday, waited so long to get one of these guys!

More to come when I go to the post office.
Man we have similar tastes in toys haha, all those things you buy, I like. For the Dinobot, is it the Henkei version? It looks lighter than my Hasbro one (or maybe just the lighting?). Where did you score that Rattrap? Post more pics of him please!

No new hauls for me, was about to get Deadpool today, but decided against it.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #96
Icetron
Master of the Universe

DP is pretty good, him and Wolverine are my favourite 1/18th Marvel figures out right now.

I got the Rattrap off Craigslist, I really wanted this guy for a few years since I didn't like TM Rattrap and I'm really happy I finally got the last BW figure I want.

And the Dinobot is Hasbro so it's probably the lighting...can't find my tripod so I had to use flash or else the pics would blur.

And the Hulk goes well with MU/WO figures imo...learned from fwoosh.

And yeah we seem to like similar things lol.

EDIT: Yeah I'll post some Rattrap pics soon.
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:36 AM   #97
JTCh
Toku

Yup, I love these 3.75" figures with some of the 6" figures that are suppose to be larger.

Like Ironman getting beat up

How are the articulation on the Xmen 3.75"? I see that they have a lot of ball joints, which is why I was interested in them. But I wasn't sure how well they'd work, could I expect them to be as good as the 6"?
Old 05-03-2009, 01:09 AM   #98
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCh View Post
Yup, I love these 3.75" figures with some of the 6" figures that are suppose to be larger.

How are the articulation on the Xmen 3.75"? I see that they have a lot of ball joints, which is why I was interested in them. But I wasn't sure how well they'd work, could I expect them to be as good as the 6"?
The articulation on the Wolverine Origins figures is excellent, but not quite as good as the marvel universe figures. Still, the joints are more stiff, unlike the MU figures which have really loose joints for the most part. The MU figures, for the most part, tend to have a couple more points of articulation (I think). I have gambit, Wolverine, etc. The Wolverine Origins yellow and blue Wolvie is my favorite Wolvie so far. He's much better than the MU X-Factor version. He's shorter for one, (about 3.5") which makes his better to scale than the MU version. (PS: Gambit kinda sucks.)

Speaking of WO: Just got back from my vacay, and I picked up Deadpool at a Walmart in Maui of all places. So I took him hiking to the volcanic craters while I was there!

On another note, I saw those premium WO figures with the removable jackets/clothing. Terrible. Talk about FUGLY! Hasbro should give up the removable clothing bit. Just brutal.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:36 AM   #99
JTCh
Toku

Thanks pud! Haha that's a sweet picture! I am surprised that you said the MU have more articulation. However, I've only played with the Wave 1 Ironman, so maybe others are better.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:26 AM   #100
pud333
Master of the Universe

It really depends. Some figures like Cap. America have more articulation (eg: swivel joints in the arm and legs on top of typical elbow/wrist/knee/ankle articulation.) While others like Iron Man don't have those swivel joints. Hasbro is really experimenting now, so while WO figures tend to be more uniform in their articulation, the MU ones vary widely.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote