ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #31
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Post your questions for the Hasbro Star Wars Q&A

Questions due on Thursday June 3rd for the next round. Anybody got any ideas?

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #32
Napseeker
Dark Knight

1. There is a rumor at one of the major SW sites that Hasbro plans on a return to Ultimate Battlepacks. I'm sure this will elicit a big cheer from many collectors ...unless you happen to live outside the US, in a country like say Canada where we've already missed out on both the Hoth and Sarlacc UBPs. Will Hasbro ever find a way for non-US collectors to get these? If retailers balk at the larger size/cost, then why not just offer us a smaller BP then, featuring the parts that we collectors would really want i.e. the Hoth Turret, or the Sarlacc Pitt? I was actually happy to see the UBPs cancelled since there's nothing worse than being left out on some great SW collectibles unless I was willing to pay a heavy cost off eBay and get them shipped to me.

2. It was great to finally get a Death Star Han. I'm wondering if Hasbro plans on releasing a Death Star (ANH) Luke sometime soon (perhaps with belt AND swing line?) My only concern though is that DSLuke will simply be Resurgence Luke with the belt and weapons/accessories. While that Luke had a great headsculpt, I'd like to see Hasbro not just reuse the VotC Luke legs as they seem way too short. Can you not give us a Luke that is closer in height to say the Early Bird Luke, which was still shorter than Han but not so short that Luke looks like a midget next to Han? In other words, it's time for a new set of taller SA Luke legs :-)

3. While many of us love SA, the use of BJ hips has been something of a mixed bag. So far on every figure that has incorporated BJ hips, what we end up with is a figure that has big bulging hips to the sides ruining the aesthetic of the figure. RotS Obi Wan looked incredibly silly with them and many collectors are refering to the upcoming TVC Bespin Luke as "diaper Luke" due to the wide hips. Will Hasbro ever be able to narrow the hips down? What about using the BJ hips as seen in your IronMan 2 figures? I honestly would rather stick with swivel hips if this issue can't be resolved... the diaper trend must not continue! :-)

4. I'm seeing that Hasbro will be again releasing the 501st Clonetrooper in the fall with the new Saga Legends line. Yet in the photos which preview this figure, it's clear that Hasbro still hasn't fixed the glaring error with the helmet stripe that was first reported to you in the Q&As over a year and a half ago. The error was the blue stripe that is missing on the helmet, between the black horizontal stripe and the visor. Also the blue stripe that adorns the topside of the helmet is incorrect - it should make a "V" shape but instead is painted with uniform width. The artwork you use on the card depicts how the helmet should look when done correctly. It's not even a hard error to fix: just use the paintmask from your TSC Commander Appo figure (which did not suffer from these errors).

Last edited by Napseeker; 06-02-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:43 AM   #33
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Questions for Jun 25th 2010...

1. In an earlier Q&A, you said that you'd like to reserve the idea of releasing a Jawa with cloth/soft goods until the return of the VotC line. Now that VTC is essentially VotC, does that mean we can expect Hasbro to start giving us softgoods Jawas? And how about including a vinyl cape "accessory" as a nostalgic nod? And would we get a two pack of Jawas to make it more reasonable to army build a few?

2. In a previous Q&A, you were asked about the red Geonosis Battledroids from the 2 packs where the eyes had been either unpainted or painted mega-huge. It was answered that if these droids were to be re-released again, these errors would be fixed yet the early images of the TVC line shows that these battledroids (in the new 2-pack) still have those errors on both figures. Can we get confirmation again that Hasbro has fixed this quite annoying problem with their eyes? Thanks!

3. I was very happy with the two Bespin Guards Hasbro has released so far but for future BGs, can Hasbro address these two issues: the fact that the headgear didn't fit snugly on either of the two heads and more importantly, the guards are very very tall. I do recall the original black BG was actually a shorter figure (perhaps too short one might argue) but either way it'd be nice to get some diversity in height for future guards - is that something the designers plan on considering?

Last edited by Napseeker; 06-24-2010 at 04:58 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #34
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Questions for July 11 2010...

1. The big AT-AT is certainly an amazing toy, perhaps only second to the BMF. There are two things I noticed however about this release: there's no mini-Darth Vader hologram (with his hands on his hips) included for Veers to answer to and I believe in the movie the cockpit also had a periscope that Veers would pull down to peer through. Are there plans for a future TVC General Veers figure that would basically include remedies to these missing bits as accessories that plug into the cockpit? Obviously fans want to be able to recreate as many of the authentic moments from ESB as possible!

2. Now that we've all seen the TVC 3PO and had a chance to critique this controversial figure, it's obvious there are two camps: those who really love it and look past some of the size and other issues (mispainted eyes, panels have tough time being put back on, etc) and then there are those who really aren't happy and want a repainted C3PO based on the U3PO mold. So what about taking the VotC Chewbacca and releasing it as an ESB Chewie with the BaD C3PO and netting? If including the entire 3PO with one figure is too costly, how about re-releasing the variant Ugnaught that many of us outside the US never got, and including the other half of C3PO with the ugnaught?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #35
Robimus
Super Moderator

Damn, I had a question in my brain and its gone now. I'll see if I can remember in time.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #36
Galactic Hitchhiker
High-functioning Toy Nerd

The Arc Trooper battle pack looks great (yay Fordo!), but the ARC Trooper in Phase II armor with the red and silver accents appears to be missing deco on its helmet. Based on the promo picture and videos Lucasfilm released, that ARC Trooper's helmet has silver deco on it:
http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/...ces/index.html

But the helmet on the action figure from the battle pack is just white:
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolu...&box=&shownew=

Will the proper deco be applied on the production figures?
Galactic Hitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #37
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Maybe I missed this...Will CANADA ever see Hondo the pirate and Secura in single card in a later assortment??

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #38
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
Maybe I missed this...Will CANADA ever see Hondo the pirate and Secura in single card in a later assortment??
Were these missed via a previous wave?
Old 08-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #39
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Were these missed via a previous wave?
Yes, they were skipped. I thought we'd asked something similar in the past though. Maybe not.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #40
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Will Canada ever see a release of the K-Mart exclusive Jodo Kast released earlier this summer?

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hasbro q&a