ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-04-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
pud333
Master of the Universe
The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly Review: Revoltech Transforming Valkyrie Review

Just got these badboys. So I thought I might do a quick review on them.

The good:

- The Jet mode is great. No complaints. Actually, it looks fantastic in all three modes. The toy just looks badass.
- I don't mind switching out the canopy. It's kind of neat actually. The blue canopy is actually semi clear, which is a nice touch.
- The quality is there for sure. It feels exactly like the previous valkyries. Kaiyodo always manages to produce the really good quality considering the mass produced nature of the toys.
- I am glad Kaiyodo switched to the clear stands instead of the black ones. Much better.
- Paint application is flawless.
- Tonnes of revo joints. 14 single joints, and 5 double joints. Even the stand comes with a double joint and a single joint.

The bad:

- Don't care for the clip on wings. They fall off easily during transformation, or even touching the thing, so I normally take those off first when transforming.
- The revo joints holding the arms in place aren't secured very well in either gerwalk or robot mode. I really wish there were actual clips instead of just relying on the joints.
- Less posability. I don't know if that's necessary true, but the previous valks at least looked very dynamic when posed. I suppose it's just the nature of having a transforming valk vs non transforming.
- The joints at the upper legs bother me. I can see why they did it, due to the limiting factor of the hips when moving in proximity to the wings, but it still looks wrong.
- I honestly don't know how fast packs would work on this figure. There's just so many bits and pieces of awkwardness. Also, there are no clip in areas or anything of that nature, which lends me to believe fast packs are not coming at all.

The ugly:

- The transformation is painful and brutal. I'm good at it now, but it's a brutal transformation process. The first time I transformed it, I had him in pieces. It was ugly.

Final thoughts: Normally with Revoltechs, it's a hit or miss for me, and these are a narrow miss. I like them, and they'll probably sit on my shelf, but they won't see much action. Really, i probably could have just kept my previous valks and bought a Yamato Valk instead if I wanted a transforming one. That being said, I'll probably still buy Max and Milia, as well as any fast packs (if they release some). Why? Cause I'm a fucking idiot.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
Icetron
Master of the Universe
Re: The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly Review: Revoltech Transforming Valkyrie Review

Thanks for the review pud, I already sorta decided to pass on these because I have too many anime toys I'm picking up.

Sucks to hear they're less posable.
Already heard about the transformation problems...

My money's going elsewhere for now, I might consider it if they go on sale though.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #3
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly Review: Revoltech Transforming Valkyrie Review

The transformation is just needless annoying. It's due to all the revo joints holding the arms and legs in place and the fact that the wings keep popping off. They're great, but I'd really only recommend them to the hardcore revoltech fan. Otherwise, you're better off with a Yamato valk.

Tags
revoltech valkyries