ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-25-2022, 08:43 PM   #6251
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Still they should be making it right, not blowing customers off, so hopefully that person gets satisfaction.
I had to laugh at this sentence...i mean it is Hasbro we're talking about here lol
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 10:26 PM   #6252
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Man that is crap. It seems to be a recurring problem with the ML Haslabs so far. The Sentinel with his knee problem, and I have seen a few reports now of the Nova figure being tight to the point of breaking at the neck (for one person at least).

I'm pretty sure I remember somebody had the same problem with the Sentinel (lights not working) and they were SOL. Hasbro basically told them there was no overstock for defects, so it was too bad, or return it for a refund.

I guess the only thing with the lights defect is that at least it isn't something that is a necessity of the figure. I mean I haven't used the lights on my Sentinel since that first month I had him last year. The same will happen with Galactus I'm sure.

Still they should be making it right, not blowing customers off, so hopefully that person gets satisfaction.
Hasbro don't even have good QC for their high end products. Oh man is that sad. The even sadder part is he is most definitely not the only one that got a dud. If one managed to slip by, others did too.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 02:08 PM   #6253
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

I hope the Ghostbusters Prton Pack is a bit more reliable since the lights and sounds are critical to it.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 04:41 PM   #6254
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Well I finally got around to opening Galactus because I was worried about all these reports of problems. I am lucky so far, everything seems to work and move, and no damage. I am a little worried about Nova and the head/neck, but so far so good.

I will say that he is super impressive. Way more imposing than the Sentinel in my mind. I also like the lights for Galactus over the Sentinel. Can't wait to get more time to really go over the whole package.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 06:39 PM   #6255
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Picked up Spider-Man Noir for $45 instead of $85 at TRU LaSalle, but it showed "Final Sale" on the cash register, and the receipt. There was only one sign in the action figures section (specifically MOTU aisle) saying "*ALL* FIGURES FINAL SALE" (in French).

Still, out of the four TRU exclusives that I bought, only the Spider-Man Noir said final sale at checkout. I opened the box at the cash after paying to check I didn't get a swapped figure, and it was all good. That being said, TRU is very much off my list unless they have some crazy cool exclusive in the future.
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 06:43 PM   #6256
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Also picked up Noir for $45, the receipt says final sale. I noticed on him, iron spider, and amazing fantasy I recieved from Amazon had 2 additional pieces of tape on the bottom.

Other closed boxes I received before, Wakanda forever wave, Ned and Peter, knull and venom, sentry only had the two pieces on the tabs.

Last edited by lifedragon99; 10-26-2022 at 06:58 PM.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 12:24 AM   #6257
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
I think some customers would get major satisfaction from being blown off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Picked up Spider-Man Noir for $45 instead of $85 at TRU LaSalle, but it showed "Final Sale" on the cash register, and the receipt. There was only one sign in the action figures section (specifically MOTU aisle) saying "*ALL* FIGURES FINAL SALE" (in French).

Still, out of the four TRU exclusives that I bought, only the Spider-Man Noir said final sale at checkout. I opened the box at the cash after paying to check I didn't get a swapped figure, and it was all good. That being said, TRU is very much off my list unless they have some crazy cool exclusive in the future.
Man, this sucks, I was hoping it was an isolated incident. Transformers are not universally considered action figures, so I'll see what it says on my receipt when I buy one this saturday.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 10-27-2022 at 12:53 AM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 01:51 AM   #6258
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Man, this sucks, I was hoping it was an isolated incident. Transformers are not universally considered action figures, so I'll see what it says on my receipt when I buy one this saturday.
It shows up on the computer screen when they scan it at the register, so you can see what's final sale and what's not before you actually pay. Then on the receipt, "final sale" or "vente finale" printed right under whichever item is in that category.

I think it may only be the windowless boxes, because those are the ones giving TRU (and us) headaches. But I could be wrong, or they could change their policy at any time.

Either way, it's a seriously shitty move by TRU. Final sale on $50 figures that you can't even see before you buy them is total bullshit. We're not talking about a pack of trading cards here. And despite Funkos being final sale, at least those still have plastic windows.

At least I got to take advantage of the $10 off coupons that expired today.
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:30 AM   #6259
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

This new animated spider-man two pack with symbiote spidey and carnage interests me and while I assume the VHS style boxes are Pulse exclusive, I don't see the word exclusive anywhere. Do these also show up elsewhere, can they be ordered at Gamestop?

https://hasbropulse.com/products/mar...er-man-carnage
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:34 AM   #6260
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I don't think I've ever seen any of the animated figures show up outside of HasbroPulse, except for that Walmart-exclusive cartoon Spiderman that was up for pre-order at the same time as Lizard.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote