ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 03-24-2021, 08:39 AM   #221
Stevan
Cylon Centurion
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

Distribution of origins line still reminds me of the same problem that happened with Motu 200X line a while back. Back then you could find he-man/skeletor variants aplenty but secondary characters were impossible to find. I had to resort to buying Teela,Evil Lyn,Roboto and couple of other figures from the states.
Snakemen wave was the last to arrive to stores back then but again secondary characters were very hard to find if at all. Found most of mine in a comic book shop in Toronto. Characters such as Fisto,Zodak and couple of others. Many vehicles from that line were not available in Canada as well.
I think Mattel after all these years did not fix the distribution problem or learned valuable lessons from their MOTU200X debacle and some of those same problems are coming back now with the origins line.
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:41 AM   #222
Stevan
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvu View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered both but only Clamp Champ went through. Got ram man cancellation email
Old 03-24-2021, 09:07 AM   #223
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Yes the retail price is great. I'd be pretty happy if they were easy to find at $14.99. As for QC issues, I forgot to mention I got Scareglow from Amazon US over a month ago and the left leg snapped off right out of the packaging. Remember, you're supposed to be able to swap parts. But it was brittle. Takeaway is to run a blowdryer over the figure before trying to move the joints.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:37 AM   #224
Batman
Super Friend

I haven’t had any breaks yet. The hip joints are the only ones that make me nervous.

I did get a She-ra with a super floppy leg. Everything else has been solid. I think overall better QC than Hasbro lines. Also Mattel’s customer service is better. They actually send replacements of figures if they have them or send you a cheque if they don’t. Hasbro just sends some of Equal value, generally a peg warmer lol.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:02 PM   #225
4lott
Master of the Universe

While not an action figure, Hot Wheels has made a Battle Cat monster truck. Has anyone come across this in the wild yet?
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:47 PM   #226
Batman
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
While not an action figure, Hot Wheels has made a Battle Cat monster truck. Has anyone come across this in the wild yet?
Haven’t seen the truck in the wild but I did find the Battle Ram Hot Wheels at RCSS.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:09 PM   #227
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

That Battle Cat Hot Wheel Monster Truck is a buy for sure. Good to hear the Battle Ram is coming out, in Canada esp there's none on eBay still USA side.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:38 PM   #228
Bigstrongboy
Red Shirt

I wish you weren't right on this but it very much seems that you are.

Wave 1 was virtually nonexistent here aside from mini's, Battlecat and the Skysled. Wave 2 I don't think even landed in Canada. I've seen 3 figures on pegs total since summer and you can't seem to just order anything locally as it's sold out in seconds.

This line was supposed to be fun wasn't it?
Bigstrongboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 03:45 PM   #229
Stevan
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstrongboy View Post
I wish you weren't right on this but it very much seems that you are.

Wave 1 was virtually nonexistent here aside from mini's, Battlecat and the Skysled. Wave 2 I don't think even landed in Canada. I've seen 3 figures on pegs total since summer and you can't seem to just order anything locally as it's sold out in seconds.

This line was supposed to be fun wasn't it?
Yes its supposed to be fun but its just not. I like the thrill of the hunt but after visiting same stores one too many times and finding nothing I start to get tired from it all.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:55 PM   #230
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Amazon.ca finally has wave 4 figures up to order (though out of stock) but the price is literally double retail. Like...we just can't win with this line.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote