ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 04-05-2023, 06:15 PM   #671
Galvatryne
Super Friend
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

in my hunting area, I've got 5 walmart, 2 Toysrus and 2 gamestop and none of them seems to be getting anything new for the Origins line. Everything I'm getting from the latest waves are from store like Toysnowman, Djc, tftoys and toynado. I'm talking wave 10 and up. So what does it look like for the rest of the country?
Galvatryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 09:55 PM   #672
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

I haven't seen any new Origins product in stores in like 10 months. Maybe longer. I just see Sun Man, Buzz-Off, Clawful and Anti Eternia He-Man peg warming. And jack shit on Walmart.ca, Amazon.ca(at regular price), Gamestop.ca and Toysrus.ca. Yes you can find some figures at independant stores like Toysnowman, CMD Store, Ages3andUp etc., but I'm not paying $30 for MOTU Origins figures and I shouldn't have to. The Canadian distribution for this line has been an absolute shit show. Apparently it hasn't been great in the States either but at least they've been able to pretty much pre-order everything from mainline stores down there. Why we can't pre-order Origins at mainline stores up here makes no sense. It's extremely aggravating. If I new collecting this line was gonna become such a pain in the ass I wouldn't of bothered.

Collecting GI Joe Classified, Transformers and Star Wars is a walk in the park compared to this nonsense.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 12:05 AM   #673
Robimus
Super Moderator

Last I saw, briefly, was the Stinkor wave just before Christmas

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 04:49 AM   #674
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Some TRUs got in a single case of the Snake Armour He-Man wave (SA He-Man, Bolt Man, Rattlor, Cobra Khan).

I saw SA He-Man and Bolt Man at a local TRU last week. Not much, but it was an actual retail sighting. Also there were some reports of a newer wave showing up on Walmart shelves. (forget which wave)
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 10:17 AM   #675
Tiffster
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax78 View Post
I haven't seen any new Origins product in stores in like 10 months. Maybe longer. I just see Sun Man, Buzz-Off, Clawful and Anti Eternia He-Man peg warming. And jack shit on Walmart.ca, Amazon.ca(at regular price), Gamestop.ca and Toysrus.ca. Yes you can find some figures at independant stores like Toysnowman, CMD Store, Ages3andUp etc., but I'm not paying $30 for MOTU Origins figures and I shouldn't have to. The Canadian distribution for this line has been an absolute shit show. Apparently it hasn't been great in the States either but at least they've been able to pretty much pre-order everything from mainline stores down there. Why we can't pre-order Origins at mainline stores up here makes no sense. It's extremely aggravating. If I new collecting this line was gonna become such a pain in the ass I wouldn't of bothered.

Collecting GI Joe Classified, Transformers and Star Wars is a walk in the park compared to this nonsense.
Precisely why I stopped Origins. Wasn't able to get Orko, Trapjaw or Triklops but got everyone else I wanted. Snake Mountain this year is a must buy, otherwise I'm done. Masterverse is where I'm at now.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:19 PM   #676
Robimus
Super Moderator

Shoot, thats right. I just got Bolt Man, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Some TRUs got in a single case of the Snake Armour He-Man wave (SA He-Man, Bolt Man, Rattlor, Cobra Khan).

I saw SA He-Man and Bolt Man at a local TRU last week. Not much, but it was an actual retail sighting. Also there were some reports of a newer wave showing up on Walmart shelves. (forget which wave)

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 02:13 PM   #677
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Yeah same situation here in NB. Meanwhile in the US Leech and Spout Snout seem to be peg warming, but never even had a chance to buy them here. I've basically given up on Origins. Just not sure if I keep what I have or sell it all. I was really excited for this line. But as others have made similar points, I'm not paying $60 for a $24.99 figure. There's just nowhere to get the later wave figures at a decent price.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 02:41 PM   #678
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Yeah same situation here in NB. Meanwhile in the US Leech and Spout Snout seem to be peg warming, but never even had a chance to buy them here. I've basically given up on Origins. Just not sure if I keep what I have or sell it all. I was really excited for this line. But as others have made similar points, I'm not paying $60 for a $24.99 figure. There's just nowhere to get the later wave figures at a decent price.

I'm still in the game, but I also have accepted I won't be a completionist on this line.

I hate that I missed Orko and Man-E-Faces, but the new Man-E-Faces up for preorder will do. Orko is still a kick in the teeth, but I'll see if I can find him for a reasonable price somewhere. I lucked out with a local vendor for some of the other early wave stuff (Scareglow, Man-At-Arms, Trap Jaw, Triklops). So while I am still missing a few key early releases I know there are still options out there.

I am glad I went in on the Mattel Creations offers though (not the He-Man 4 pack though, screw that price). Having things likes Kol-Darr and the PowerCon Faker/Duplicat are nice additional pieces that have gone crazy on the secondary market, so I am happy to have gotten them at the initial price. That takes a bit of the sting out of not having Orko, and some of the other early offerings.

I just managed to snag two of the Vac Metal He-Man/Battle Cat sets for $20 each (from a Toronto Liquidator who is now sold out). So that is one more off the list that I never thought I would see for a reasonable price.

Basically though I am just trying to be happy with what I have and right now I have a nice sized collection with a lot of the heavy hitters. Plus with the He-Man/Battle Cat set I now have all the currently released set pieces to go with Castle Grayskull. Just need the Point Dread set and I'll be all good for a nice complete Grayskull. Oh and of course a Snake Mountain to compete with Grayskull.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 10:34 PM   #679
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

I stopped at the Windsor TRU about 10 days ago and they had "zero" Origins figures. Just some cats and early vehicles. I stopped at a Windsor Walmart and they had 2 measly Sun-Man figures hiding on a bottom self. That's it.

I don't really care about the Sun-Man characters or even the repaints but I'd like to be able to get Webstor, Whiplash, King Randor and the Snake figures as well as future releases like Spikor at a reasonable price. Too much to ask for apparently.

I really hope Snake Mountain won't be so difficult to get.

That Mattel Creations He-Skeletor or whatever he's called looks pretty cool. The $40+ price tag is tough though. I haven't purchased a Creations figure because of the price but might have to pull the trigger on this guy. That is if he doesn't sell out it 5 minutes like most of the other Creations stuff has.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 10:39 PM   #680
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Considering discount stores are having issues unloading Castle Greyskull at $30 i hope they don't go stupid and under produce Snake Mountain. Just a regular amount of them will do.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote