ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 08-21-2023, 07:04 AM   #731
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Woot! That's great, I wonder if they'll do a better job at promoting the interchangeable parts on their packaging this time.

When I was a kid, the ability to easily customize my own characters by swapping heads and limbs would've been a huge draw. I don't know if today's kids would feel the same, but it's a feature that the Hasbro figures don't really have and Mattel would be smart to push it just to see if it becomes a bigger selling factor for their younger customers.

Considering how much customization goes on in the collecting community it is kind of surprising more lines don't have this easily interchangeable option for their figures.

Granted most lines have accessories, and removable heads, but to have removable limbs and torsos as well, and incorporate that into playsets (upcoming snake mountain slime pit) isn't really standard across a whole line anymore.

Maybe it happens with a few figures, or one-offs, but a whole line? Not really anymore. Of course there are limitations when you do that, and that can be collector unfriendly, but Origins is a lot of fun to mix and match. And they made a subline that maintained that play function (WWE MOTU).
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 12:33 PM   #732
Robimus
Super Moderator

The AEW figure line has the same level limb swapping as origins.

Only line that comes to mind that compares.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 08-21-2023 at 06:22 PM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 02:29 PM   #733
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Yeah the $5 wrestling figures at Dollarama would be ideal for buying just to create a few customs although the sad part is the flesh plastic on them don't match up with the Origins figures since they're a less saturated color.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 07:07 PM   #734
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Don't know if this has been mentioned before. I went back about 10 pages and didn't see anything.

However on Thursday I was at my local TRU (Merivale Rd. in Ottawa) and found the Ground Ripper w/Meck-A-Nek on the shelves. I have only ever seen this in the US, or online on Amazon.ca I guess this will be another shelfwarmer to clearance at a later date.
Old 08-26-2023, 07:17 PM   #735
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned before. I went back about 10 pages and didn't see anything.

However on Thursday I was at my local TRU (Merivale Rd. in Ottawa) and found the Ground Ripper w/Meck-A-Nek on the shelves. I have only ever seen this in the US, or online on Amazon.ca I guess this will be another shelfwarmer to clearance at a later date.
Wow that took time to come across the border. I grabbed it in Buffalo back in March after thinking most MOTU isn't coming here anymore.

Nice find.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 07:32 PM   #736
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

I've been waiting for the price of the Ground Ripper to decrease on Amazon. I don't know what's with some of their pricing these days. Although I kept waiting for Masterverse Sorceress to decrease from $50(!) and it looks like it's no longer available directly from Amazon (only third party sellers).
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 09:10 PM   #737
4lott
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I've been waiting for the price of the Ground Ripper to decrease on Amazon. I don't know what's with some of their pricing these days. Although I kept waiting for Masterverse Sorceress to decrease from $50(!) and it looks like it's no longer available directly from Amazon (only third party sellers).
I?m with you on waiting for a decent price drop on the Ground Ripper. At this rate, with MOTU Origins pretty much disappearing from shelves I?m hoping for them to turn up at Winners or even Dollarama in time for Q4 holiday season
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 07:00 AM   #738
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post

Yeah I don't know how their algorithm determines what should drop in price.

I have watched many items over the years in the hopes they would drop and my success rate is probably around 33%. More often than not I wait and it either disappears, or it goes up!!!

I guess the good thing is I don't really want/need the item if I am willing to wait months for a possible price drop, or risk missing out.

Right now I am waiting to see what happens during Black Friday sales. I have seen some good deals recently on different lines, but I only bite on the really good deals, and will wait for Black Friday to see what, if anything goes on sale.
Old 08-27-2023, 07:02 AM   #739
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Wow that took time to come across the border. I grabbed it in Buffalo back in March after thinking most MOTU isn't coming here anymore.

Nice find.

Thank you for your sacrifice. Since you did that obviously that means it would show up on shelves here finally.

Now how about picking up those Sun-Man 3-packs so I can finally try and get one here for a somewhat reasonable amount?
Old 09-01-2023, 05:35 AM   #740
Galvatryne
Super Friend

Masters of the Universe Origins Man-E-Faces (Mini-Comic)
https://www.tftoys.ca/products/maste...ces-mini-comic

M.O.T.U ORIGINS SNAKE MEN ACTION FIGURE 4-PACK
https://djccollectibles.ca/collectio...pack-exclusive

M.O.T.U ORIGINS SKELETON WARRIOR ACTION FIGURE 2-PACK
https://djccollectibles.ca/collectio...pack-exclusive
Galvatryne is offline   Reply With Quote