ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
pud333
Master of the Universe
Revoltech Alien Queen Review

Got this Revoltech Alien Queen in the mail today. I never owned any Alien toys before the Revoltech ones, so I can't attest to the detail in previous toys, but Kaiyodo really hits it out of the park with these Alien toys. The detail in the Alien Queen is incredible.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

She comes with a stand and the standard Revoltech coin (not pictured). Not many accessories, but she really doesn't need any (though a few unopened pods would have been nice). The plastic looks black, but it's actually slightly see-through (sorry, camera sucks so I couldn't capture it here for you). Like the other Alien toys by Kaiyodo, the tail has a wire that allows it to be malleable and can be posed at the same time.

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

There are about 25 revo joints, 26 if you include the one in the stand. The head and neck alone comprise of four joints.

7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg

Here is a size comparison to the first Revoltech Alien. I haven't seen the Alien movies in a while, so I don't know if the scale is correct (something tells me it's not quite exact). Regardless if the scale is correct or not, chances are it won't deter from the fun factor.

12.jpg

And here's a final one where they're as tall as possible.

13.jpg

Overall, a really nice toy that looks great on the shelf. I can't wait until the Predator is released.

Edit: The queen can stand on her own, but you have to leave the tail on the ground. Otherwise, you have to use the stand provided.

Last edited by pud333; 12-10-2010 at 10:32 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Re: Revoltech Alien Queen Review

Cool, I agree with lack of egg pods, that's an obvious accessory they should have included. How tall are the revoltech Aliens? It'd be neat to see the new wave 3 Duke (he looks just like a marine from Aliens, pulse rifle even!) duking it out with them. Heh, maybe army build some Dukes (doing head swaps) and revo Aliens (expensive).

BTW, what other characters are they advertising on the obi? I see a skeleton, some turtle thing, Santa Skellington, an Evangelion mech, and some other guy (masked rider?).

Last edited by Hantei; 12-11-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
Cool, I agree with lack of egg pods, that's an obvious accessory they should have included. How tall are the revoltech Aliens? It'd be neat to see the new wave 3 Duke (he looks just like a marine from Aliens, pulse rifle even!) duking it out with them. Heh, maybe army build some Dukes (doing head swaps) and revo Aliens (expensive).

BTW, what other characters are they advertising on the obi? I see a skeleton, some turtle thing, Santa Skellington, an Evangelion mech, and some other guy (masked rider?).
This should answer the size question. There is a predator coming out in February that is around the same size as the Alien. There will be a clear Alien later on. Iron Man is also scheduled for release next year sometime. (That should be awesome!)

Old 12-15-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Thanks for the pic! That's looks great, certainly gonna see if I can find an Alien now. The Predator sounds interesting too, which one is revoltech doing? E.g. 1, 2, AVP, Predators?
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:39 AM   #5
pud333
Master of the Universe

The original I believe.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
Napseeker
Dark Knight

That's very impressive! Great review, makes me want one (and the Predator). How much do these cost though? Must be pretty expensive I'd imagine.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
pud333
Master of the Universe

These are imports, so you pay accordingly. They usually cost about $30 depending on when you get it (amiami and hlj are the best places usually). The regular aliens will run you a few bucks cheaper. If you go with a place like BBTS, they will rip you off. I think BBTS has it for about $57, which is waaaaay too much. Go with the japanese stores if you want one.

Last edited by pud333; 12-16-2010 at 11:27 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Nice Review! I think these are probably the best alien action figures out there. I may pickup one of these now from my local anime store.

Yeah, revoltech figures are pricey. Pud is right about ami ami and hlj. Their prices are better than other online stores. If you don't want to order online, then checkout your local anime/import toy store. I think the lowest I have seen new revoltech figures for in my area is $45 depending on the popularity of the figure.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
revoltech alien queen