ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-19-2023, 06:57 PM   #2761
nighthawk
Jedi Knight
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
That explains why they have the shield with Red instead of Green. People probably wouldn't buy red without the head sculpt. We don't know if it's them really being cheap or if it has something to do with Austin St John's end. I mean the Dude is caught up in legal trouble right now..
That totally makes sense now. Didn't even realize he didn't have the unhelmeted head. Was wondering why they gave him the dragon shield, but yeah, I guess that totally makes sense. Not sure if the arm bands from the armor would actually stay on the female figure's arms though. Think they would be too loose.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 07:44 PM   #2762
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
That totally makes sense now. Didn't even realize he didn't have the unhelmeted head. Was wondering why they gave him the dragon shield, but yeah, I guess that totally makes sense. Not sure if the arm bands from the armor would actually stay on the female figure's arms though. Think they would be too loose.
You could always just heat up the arm bands and put them on the female body and it should stay on.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 07:47 PM   #2763
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Quote:
We don't know if it's them really being cheap or...
I think we do know. They're clearly trying to sell us a "Jason" Red Ranger, so its disingenuous to exclude the portrait for "reasons".
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 08:10 PM   #2764
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by random11 View Post
You mean Jason's arm guards and shield. Also "should have a head"? gonna need a source on that one. Every product image excludes showing a head. The description on the pulse page does not mention it, where as it does on tommy's figure page... I would not just assume they are hiding something that would be a selling point.
My bad, I just saw images on Hasbro Pulse of the figures. I was going off of Toku Topics info from YouTube (he said the sheild and arm guards are from Tommy, which they aren't).

Definitely weird that we aren't getting a new Jason head though (as far as it seems on Hasbro Pulse).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 09:14 PM   #2765
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Quote:
You could always just heat up the arm bands and put them on the female body and it should stay on.
I'm putting it on Tommy so it doesn't matter to me if they fit the female Rangers or not.

Guessing no Jason cause of the legal troubles he is currently in.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:36 PM   #2766
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Hasbro Pulse lists Jason as coming with a new sculpt. Maybe they just haven't finished it yet? I mean Zac didn't have his helmet on display either during the show case. Maybe they aren't done with his yet either? I don't know exactly.. but I'm trying to avoid going down the "Hasbro is greedy and cheap" path as it's the most popular and tiring one at this point. We already know Hasbro is greedy and likes to cut costs. It is what it is but Hasbro trying to cut costs by not giving us a Jason head just doesn't make any sense at all. If the reason isn't because of my above guess, my following guesses would be either Austin's legal trouble or they have something else planned for his that they're going to use as a way to get us to buy that "something else".

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 04-19-2023 at 10:41 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 12:36 AM   #2767
cloud
Master of the Universe

It feels like Hasbro is purpsely doing this to create buzz and then reveal that they are "listening to the fans" and include the shield with both red and green ranger. Also reveal the Jason head sculpt like they listened to the fans.

no such thing as bad publicty I guess.

Or they are trying to be cheap and lose more sales.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 11:27 AM   #2768
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

From what I have seen the Green Ranger Remastered, indeed does not come with a Dragon Shield, so they did pull a quick slicky, with the red ranger getting the shield, you gotta buy em both.

I was going to try and get that Green Ranger, since I never found the previous one, I only have the Fighting Spirit version, but Nah, not buying another red to have a complete and correct green

Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 11:42 AM   #2769
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Do you want my Green Ranger? I'm going to put him up for sale as I pre-ordered the new red and green and don't need my original one.
Old 04-20-2023, 11:43 AM   #2770
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Also, the new remastered MMPR Red, Green and Pink are available for pre-order on Gamestop now.

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...hin-red-ranger
https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...n-green-ranger
https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...in-pink-ranger