ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-22-2023, 09:27 PM   #2791
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

It's like Hasbro can't ever do a team right the first time around let alone the second. Something always has to go wrong somewhere. It's bullshit. I'll still buy these remasters but how they messed up Green and Red doesn't have a white neck is just a WTF moment..
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 01:38 AM   #2792
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
It's like Hasbro can't ever do a team right the first time around let alone the second. Something always has to go wrong somewhere. It's bullshit. I'll still buy these remasters but how they messed up Green and Red doesn't have a white neck is just a WTF moment..
Damn, I just notice the neck on red too. How tf are they doing this? The figures already exist, they just have to slightly update them. What a joke.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 01:40 AM   #2793
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Damn, I just notice the neck on red too. How tf are they doing this? The figures already exist, they just have to slightly update them. What a joke.
the neck is white in 90% of the product shots
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 04:03 AM   #2794
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by random11 View Post
the neck is white in 90% of the product shots
Ah, you're right. Hard to tell though with the amount of dumb choices they're making with Red and Green.
Old 04-23-2023, 08:53 AM   #2795
duelerx
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
What I don't understand is that they used the correct holster on the previous LC Green Ranger. So they have a mold for this part already.

The weird thing is the Green Ranger wearing a blade blaster belt technically is screen accurate for the American version for at least a few episodes, but it was a white holster like the rest of the team.

That's a weird one off though and not the type of reference I'd expect for a 'remastered' version.
duelerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 12:27 PM   #2796
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by duelerx View Post
The weird thing is the Green Ranger wearing a blade blaster belt technically is screen accurate for the American version for at least a few episodes, but it was a white holster like the rest of the team.

That's a weird one off though and not the type of reference I'd expect for a 'remastered' version.
Exactly, these are the kind of references you'd expect to see in a 2-pack of Red and Green, not in the definitive version of either figure.
Old 04-23-2023, 04:37 PM   #2797
Ksteel
Mutant

The cynic in me says this is all intentional.

They know the hardcore fans will want the most perfect version of these popular characters.

They do multiple releases, each with slight inaccuracies and flaws... so that fans will have to buy them all, and kitbash them together.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 07:55 AM   #2798
duelerx
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
The cynic in me says this is all intentional.

They know the hardcore fans will want the most perfect version of these popular characters.

They do multiple releases, each with slight inaccuracies and flaws... so that fans will have to buy them all, and kitbash them together.
I don't even think that's cynical, that's just how they do things. It's the same reason they released Fighting Spirit Green before standard MMPR Green. They knew people would buy him just to have a Green on their shelf, then they would buy regular Green later. You do that the other way around and way fewer people eventually buy Fighting Spirit.
duelerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:12 AM   #2799
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

After seeing this picture, I'm ok with the holster they gave the Green Ranger. Would prefer the other version but I'm ok. At least it's black.

nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 02:12 PM   #2800
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

These guys gotta decide if they're basing these off Zyuranger suits or the American PR suits. The way they keeping mixing details from both is rather annoying. Choose one or the other.(refering to above photo)
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote