ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-03-2021, 09:37 PM   #1741
dbaso
Clonetrooper
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Tengas with an in stock on September 11th message available on Amazon CA. Not holding my breath, but what the hell I put an order in.
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:36 AM   #1742
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaso View Post
Tengas with an in stock on September 11th message available on Amazon CA. Not holding my breath, but what the hell I put an order in.
Thanks for this. I just ordered one. Let’s see what happens.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:12 PM   #1743
aliasyvr
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
Thanks for this. I just ordered one. Let’s see what happens.
I ordered when I saw this post (the Tenga warriors from Amazon.ca) and noticed that they already shipped!

PS I ordered a couple of tenga warriors through Wal-Mart and based on this thread sounds like it's not reliable? They haven't cancelled my order but haven't fulfilled.

I'm new to this board and trying to figure out how to get the COGs - I'm guessing can only buy through Hasbro Pulse at those expensive shipping prices Wish they would do a better job of having a store carry their exclusives and/or come up with a better shipping fees strategy for us Canadians! Some of the prices for these items are not making sense. Finster makes total sense to me but the Elicptor and Astronema 2 pack pricing seems a bit inflated for what you get?

I'm also new to collecting these lightning collections and overall obviously like these figures just wish pricing was more equitable and even more important that distribution was better. I'm also shocked that Hasbro hasn't started making LC combining Zords. I thought that with them owning the Transformers brand etc. they'd be all over this. End of rant but those are my early observations.

Last edited by aliasyvr; 09-05-2021 at 02:15 PM.
aliasyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 05:02 PM   #1744
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasyvr View Post
I ordered when I saw this post (the Tenga warriors from Amazon.ca) and noticed that they already shipped!

PS I ordered a couple of tenga warriors through Wal-Mart and based on this thread sounds like it's not reliable? They haven't cancelled my order but haven't fulfilled.

I'm new to this board and trying to figure out how to get the COGs - I'm guessing can only buy through Hasbro Pulse at those expensive shipping prices Wish they would do a better job of having a store carry their exclusives and/or come up with a better shipping fees strategy for us Canadians! Some of the prices for these items are not making sense. Finster makes total sense to me but the Elicptor and Astronema 2 pack pricing seems a bit inflated for what you get?

I'm also new to collecting these lightning collections and overall obviously like these figures just wish pricing was more equitable and even more important that distribution was better. I'm also shocked that Hasbro hasn't started making LC combining Zords. I thought that with them owning the Transformers brand etc. they'd be all over this. End of rant but those are my early observations.
Chances are Walmart won't fulfill your order so might as well cancel or return on the odd chance it does ship out which is unlikely. Yeah the only way to get the COGS is through Hasbro Pulse unfortunately. The Astronema Ecliptor pack does have an inflated price but it may get a price deduction sometime down the road like what happened with the Psycho Ranger Amazon exclusive 5 pack last year. We could probably see combiner Zords in LC eventually but I think they're trying to focus on Dino Fury right now when it comes to combiners.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 05:20 PM   #1745
ghostlurk29
Mutant

EB\Gamestop has Tenga's dated for 9/10, so I'd give Walmart till the end of September to fulfill their preorders.

With regards to Pulse, it takes a large order for it to be worthwhile. You'll still be paying $35-$40 per figure, but that's arguably market value for exclusives today.

Hasbro's Transformer figures are mostly designed by their Japanese partner TakaraTomy. This partnership may not benefit the Power Ranger line, because Bandai is still the license holder in Japan.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 06:34 PM   #1746
Ksteel
Mutant

Tenga is the best PRLC figure we're getting in 2021, sadly.

So it's worth ordering.

The only other interesting one IMO is Phantom Ranger, if it comes out in 2021.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 08:09 PM   #1747
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
EB\Gamestop has Tenga's dated for 9/10, so I'd give Walmart till the end of September to fulfill their preorders.

With regards to Pulse, it takes a large order for it to be worthwhile. You'll still be paying $35-$40 per figure, but that's arguably market value for exclusives today.

Hasbro's Transformer figures are mostly designed by their Japanese partner TakaraTomy. This partnership may not benefit the Power Ranger line, because Bandai is still the license holder in Japan.
Why would that stop them? Hasbro has already made their own combiner zords
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Tenga is the best PRLC figure we're getting in 2021, sadly.

So it's worth ordering.

The only other interesting one IMO is Phantom Ranger, if it comes out in 2021.
LG Blue was a strong figure too though.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 09-05-2021 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:24 PM   #1748
aliasyvr
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Chances are Walmart won't fulfill your order so might as well cancel or return on the odd chance it does ship out which is unlikely. Yeah the only way to get the COGS is through Hasbro Pulse unfortunately. The Astronema Ecliptor pack does have an inflated price but it may get a price deduction sometime down the road like what happened with the Psycho Ranger Amazon exclusive 5 pack last year. We could probably see combiner Zords in LC eventually but I think they're trying to focus on Dino Fury right now when it comes to combiners.
I was seriously considering the cogs but of course the blue & black ninja rangers are ‘sold out’ - if I could order a bunch of other things to stack onto the order then it’d be worth it. I just want a 2 packs of the cogs, but them alone isn’t worth it.

I called Walmart and they advised me that they may still be receiving some shipments? Not sure how accurate that is but thought I’d mention. 24.97 pre-order price sure makes it a bargain!
aliasyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:05 PM   #1749
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Why would that stop them? Hasbro has already made their own combiner zords
Its going to stop them from making Zords you would want to own.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:32 PM   #1750
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
Its going to stop them from making Zords you would want to own.
You mean quality and build wise? As long as the Hasbro zords designed by Takara aren't distributed outside of North America they should be fine. Bandai is able to make Marvel and Star Wars figures despite Hasbro owning the toy license but the catch is they are not allowed to be distributed outside of Asia.