ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 08-04-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
Rogue_Optimus
Decepticon
Anyone have/had the subscription to Matty?

I've been debating on wether to sign up for a sub to Matty this yr, anyone know what each figure ended up costing them with shipping/duty/exchange? Thanks
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!
Re: Anyone have/had the subscription to Matty?

Usually it ends up 28.50 USD but if you add other things the shipping is like 2-3 dollars each item so it breaks the shipping down per item.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

I have the subscription for 2010 and got 2 for 2011.. the total amount for figures is about $470 before shipping.. that doesnt include the SDCC figures or stands or weapons packs..

STF is right for a single figure with shipping its $28.50 and a bit more each item more..

Duty has been random for me.. half the time i have to pay it half the time i don't its usually around $6-$9 each time i have to pay..

Its an expensive line to collect thats for sure, but well worth it in my opinion.
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
Rogue_Optimus
Decepticon

That's what I'm trying to debate on. Especially since I don't want to miss out or have to pay higher fees to the deluxe/monster packs like the attack track and possibly swiftwind. I already missed out on battlecat which sucks.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

Not having to go on Matty and stress about getting a figure is worth it IMO, you could always sell the ones you dont want.

The combined shipping will help too.. instead of paying $8 for the sub figure and then another $8 for bonus figure or more for large figure.. just one payment of $8-$12..
Old 08-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
lars573
Clone trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Optimus View Post
That's what I'm trying to debate on. Especially since I don't want to miss out or have to pay higher fees to the deluxe/monster packs like the attack track and possibly swiftwind. I already missed out on battlecat which sucks.
Supposedly Battlecat is getting reissued.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
Supposedly Battlecat is getting reissued.
He is, looks like Dec!! (not guaranteed) I usually wait to shows or buy in a group with local ppl!

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #8
Rogue_Optimus
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
He is, looks like Dec!! (not guaranteed) I usually wait to shows or buy in a group with local ppl!
That's what I normally do, buy them at shows but I would like to get some of the bigger pieces at a decent price (ie battlecat, tytus) instead of paying 2x the amount. Hence why I'm thinking of trying out the sub route.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #9
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Optimus View Post
That's what I normally do, buy them at shows but I would like to get some of the bigger pieces at a decent price (ie battlecat, tytus) instead of paying 2x the amount. Hence why I'm thinking of trying out the sub route.
You could always wait for the re-issues. They tend to last at least a full day (except for he-man and skelator) so you can get someone like battle-cat for the regular $30 price whenever he is reissued.

I have never had any problems ordering the re-issues. Even the more hyped ones like Faker or Hordak even they lasted what seems like forever.

But the negative side of re-issues is that some of them wont be re-issued, some one like Zodac (who i dont have) or the Goddess or King Randor. There doesnt seem to be much demand for them to be re-issued.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #10
Rogue_Optimus
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakeman View Post
You could always wait for the re-issues. They tend to last at least a full day (except for he-man and skelator) so you can get someone like battle-cat for the regular $30 price whenever he is reissued.

I have never had any problems ordering the re-issues. Even the more hyped ones like Faker or Hordak even they lasted what seems like forever.

But the negative side of re-issues is that some of them wont be re-issued, some one like Zodac (who i dont have) or the Goddess or King Randor. There doesnt seem to be much demand for them to be re-issued.
The normal figs I don't have a big issue with getting at the various shows, it's just the bigger figures. And I tend to forget or get onto the website too late in the day to place an order