ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 02-19-2024, 09:41 PM   #821
Galvatryne
Red Shirt
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

I'm kind of surprise nobody is talking about the fact that you can't buy from mattel if your not from the U.S. at the moment (for some reason) and they will be releasing MOTU Origins Rokkon on wednesday 21 (GREAT TIMING) . And looks like canadian will miss out on that figure like Duplico and Moss Man . Hope I'm wrong.
Galvatryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:01 PM   #822
Tiffster
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatryne View Post
I'm kind of surprise nobody is talking about the fact that you can't buy from mattel if your not from the U.S. at the moment (for some reason) and they will be releasing MOTU Origins Rokkon on wednesday 21 (GREAT TIMING) . And looks like canadian will miss out on that figure like Duplico and Moss Man . Hope I'm wrong.
Your not wrong. I tried to order cartoon collection and got told can't ship to your country? Was it always like that?
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 11:44 PM   #823
4lott
Master of the Universe

Nope. This is a recent development
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 04:43 AM   #824
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

The current thinking is that it was something that got screwed up on the website and that is why they pushed Rokkon back from last week to this week.

However we are quickly running out of time to get this corrected. If it is still not allowing international orders it won't be a good thing for both collectors and Mattel.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 05:45 PM   #825
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Missing out on Rokkon will suck, but I'll really be annoyed if we miss out on Two-Bad and Sy-Clone. Wish we could get Creations exclusives at Gamestop like we get most Pulse exclusives.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 06:05 PM   #826
Galvatryne
Red Shirt

Alright, so we (canadians) were able to pre-order Rokkon . Glad I was wrong.
Hope those that still collect MOTU origins were able to get one.
Galvatryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 08:33 PM   #827
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Boy, these aren't available for very long. Does anyone know what time Rokkon sold out? When I checked at around quarter to 3 it was already sold out.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 06:55 AM   #828
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax78 View Post
Boy, these aren't available for very long. Does anyone know what time Rokkon sold out? When I checked at around quarter to 3 it was already sold out.

Toytubers report anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours as the time it sold out.

I forgot about it while I was out running errands and when I got home I was able to still order one around 12:50pm. So it was at least close to an hour.

It probably lasted that long for two reasons. One - It is a popular, but I wouldn't say essential, character so the demand may not have been as high as some of the previous Mattel Creations releases.

Two - Limiting international orders probably lowered the number of potential buyers. There were only nine countries that could buy Rokkon (US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, UK). So that left out all of South America, Africa, Middle East and almost all of Asia??!! So who knows exactly how many collectors were left out in the cold, but I would hazard a guess it was, at minimum, a couple hundred.

I get that these manufacturer exclusive items (including Haslabs, etc. etc.) are difficult to sell because they have to ship them all to one or two locations and then ship them to customers from there. That increases costs on the back end, but Mattel is an International Corporation that sells its products around the world (mostly). To have these restrictions is not good enough in my opinion. But hey it sold out in less than a day so it is another win for Mattel Creations.

Last edited by canprime; 02-22-2024 at 06:59 AM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 06:48 PM   #829
Funkmasterke
Red Shirt

Any idea if walmart.ca is doing the walmart collectors con this year? Looks like turtles of grayskull krang is apart of the US one.
Funkmasterke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:35 PM   #830
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

In the past, the previews were only on Walmart.com. Products show up on .ca when the pre-order opens.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote