ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-09-2020, 05:10 PM   #1091
Webs
Man of Spiders
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathereth View Post
Mine shows but it’s permanently in “in progress” status and I can’t make changes to it. Either they didn’t finish cancelling everyone or they are just holding on for a few months lol
Yeah I now have two orders with them that seem to be in permanent limbo. It'd be nice if they let you cancel orders in cases like this, but their cancellation policy is absolutely asinine.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:34 PM   #1092
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
Amazon.ca is in a price war against itself...

Psycho Rangers 5-Packs

$110
https://www.amazon.ca/Power-Rangers-.../dp/B083VMSQRH

$118
https://www.amazon.ca/Lightning-Coll...dp/B083VM5SFM/
LMAO I think what's going on there is some dumby inputted 2 different listings so the computer thinks it's an alternate seller and it's trying to price match. I wonder if it will still go lower. If it hits $100-$105 definitely grabbing.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:57 PM   #1093
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Do any of you trust preorders from CMDStore? Was looking at the preorders for the Monsters and not only did they say arrival is Dec 2020, but they are on sale right now.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:28 PM   #1094
Grosse Fidelity
Super Friend

I've never had a problem ordering from CMDstore myself even met the owner during a comic Con here in Ottawa last year I would just order directly through their store and not from their Amazon or Walmart listings for cost saving reasons.
Grosse Fidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:42 PM   #1095
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Do any of you trust preorders from CMDStore? Was looking at the preorders for the Monsters and not only did they say arrival is Dec 2020, but they are on sale right now.
Yeah, nothing wrong with them being able to fulfill orders, but their shipping can be a bit pricey.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:47 PM   #1096
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Yeah, nothing wrong with them being able to fulfill orders, but their shipping can be a bit pricey.
Just looking at the listing for the monsters and most stores say Jan next year, and CMDstore says Dec this year.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:50 AM   #1097
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Just looking at the listing for the monsters and most stores say Jan next year, and CMDstore says Dec this year.
Could be a typo on their end (or they haven't adjusted the initial release date). They also have good communication when you have questions etc.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 07:58 PM   #1098
Ksteel
Mutant
Re: Ontario Power Rangers Toy Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I think it's more that they are saving him for later. Hasbro is basically making us chase the purple dragon in a sense. Get us invested into a team by giving us a couple of core members then making us wait on the rest while in the mean time hooking us into other teams by giving us popular core members. Then every so once in a while throw a random member of a random team at us to keep us happy while waiting. It's pretty genius from a business perspective but it's friggen terrible from a consumer and collector perspective. It took Hasbro a year and a half to finish MMPR and an MMPR ranger has been in every wave so far. I don't even want to imagine how long it will be to complete other teams, especially when they are already repacking old MMPR releases and they have already shown they have no problem with repacking exclusives or 2 pack exclusives.. and inserting them in regular retail waves..
Haha. That sounds like something they'd do. They've been very corporate and calculating in how they've handled this line, so I'm not surprised.

I'm not keen on the upcoming 2021 waves (8 and 9), but they're probably more to your interest since they're all about team building;

Wave 8: Lost Galaxy Red (Re-release), DT Blue, SPD Pink, Zeo Green (short-packed)

Wave 9: Lost Galaxy Blue, SPD Green, Zeo Yellow, Metallic MMPR Black

Definitely a slow burn if you're building the teams. I also suspect all future villain releases will now all be in the "Monsters" line in order to justify the unique sculpt with the higher pricepoint.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:35 PM   #1099
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Haha. That sounds like something they'd do. They've been very corporate and calculating in how they've handled this line, so I'm not surprised.

I'm not keen on the upcoming 2021 waves (8 and 9), but they're probably more to your interest since they're all about team building;

Wave 8: Lost Galaxy Red (Re-release), DT Blue, SPD Pink, Zeo Green (short-packed)

Wave 9: Lost Galaxy Blue, SPD Green, Zeo Yellow, Metallic MMPR Black

Definitely a slow burn if you're building the teams. I also suspect all future villain releases will now all be in the "Monsters" line in order to justify the unique sculpt with the higher pricepoint.
Yep slow burn alright. I don't think wave 9 has been completely leaked yet. Only SPD Green and Lost Galaxy Blue. Other 2 are up in the air. I don't think Metallic black will be a normal release considering pink is an exclusive.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-13-2020 at 09:40 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:13 PM   #1100
Ksteel
Mutant

Hmm. The MARS ADAM code is why some assume it would be Metallic Black.

Personally, I'd prefer they do the Mastodon Sentry instead;

Simply re-releasing the MMPRs with metallic paint sparkles seems kinda cheap.

Last edited by Ksteel; 11-13-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote