ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 05-20-2015, 01:47 PM   #1
Robot rabbit
Clonetrooper
What are NHL dragon imports?

It looks as if there is a new line of NHL action figures coming out in the fall of 2015. Similar to the mcfarlane style. Does anybody have any info or images?
Robot rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
PrimeBane
Super Friend
Re: What are NHL dragon imports?

They're being created or imported by a company out of Quebec call Imports Dragon (http://importsdragon.com/en/)

They will make 2.5", 6" and a 10"/12" line of NHL figures.

The best images available right now are from Clark Toys in the US
http://www.clarktoys.com/imdrnhl.html

If you want to follow things more closely with other former Spawn Board refugees, check out the thread at: http://spawnboards.net/thread/27380/...hockey-figures
PrimeBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:02 PM   #3
Robot rabbit
Clonetrooper

Thanks prime bane! The clarkstoys website is where I first stumbled upon dragon imports. I did a quick google search and didn't find much else except that it is a Quebec based company.

I was just casting a fishing line to see if maybe someone from that company was on this toy forum and wanted to share some info about their merchandise.

Just trying out my luck cuz you never know who is on here.
Robot rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #4
Enforcer
Mutant

They aren't here but there is a rep on the Unofficial Spawn Board. The line does look very promising and the figures should look good displayed with your existing McFarlane Collection. They just need to make it to general release...
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #5
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

OK found this old thread... a new shipper box arrived at WM here over the weekend. $19.97 each. Faces are still not the greatest on these figures.

The box was 50% Laine. Not kidding. 4x Auston Matthews. 4x Toews. 4x Pac from the Habs. Around 6 Byfuglien. Very poor selection overall.

For Goalies they had 6-8 of: Pavelec, Ed Belfour in a Leafs jersey (for his 3 year stint) and Crawford.

I realize they did a shipper with McDavid last year, but having no Oilers, Flames, or Canucks is quite ridiculous.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #6
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
OK found this old thread... a new shipper box arrived at WM here over the weekend. $19.97 each. Faces are still not the greatest on these figures.

The box was 50% Laine. Not kidding. 4x Auston Matthews. 4x Toews. 4x Pac from the Habs. Around 6 Byfuglien. Very poor selection overall.

For Goalies they had 6-8 of: Pavelec, Ed Belfour in a Leafs jersey (for his 3 year stint) and Crawford.

I realize they did a shipper with McDavid last year, but having no Oilers, Flames, or Canucks is quite ridiculous.
No rep for Ottawa either...funny everyone forgets about them, I mean they only made the Eastern finals last year no big deal

I know this company did a Karlsson not long ago but I Would love to see a Turris, Hoffman, Ryan, Stone figure at some point
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:30 PM   #7
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Oh, did they ship the same stuff out East too? There were probably 2 dozen Laine. Yeah, he was great last year, but the box was probably 75% Jets here in Calgary.

4x Matthews in Toronto would be like trying to lose money or maybe fund scalpers. LOL
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #8
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh, did they ship the same stuff out East too? There were probably 2 dozen Laine. Yeah, he was great last year, but the box was probably 75% Jets here in Calgary.

4x Matthews in Toronto would be like trying to lose money or maybe fund scalpers. LOL
Lol. Walmart in my Winnipeg neighborhood has a display up today with no exageration, 56 Connor McDavid on it, maybe 10 Mathews, a couple Of the Canadian's guy. No Laine at all. No Toews either(who is from Winnipeg).

Our Jets team stores do have a white jersey Laine, but yeah, epic distribution fail.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:28 AM   #9
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:

Not sure the case ratios as I don't collect these (the faces are TERRIBLE. I wish McFarlane didn't lose this license) but I'm pretty certain that Ottawa didn't get any love in the latest wave. I live just outside Toronto so if by chance there are any Sens figures I could easily pick them up on clearance LOL.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:47 PM   #10
Robimus
Super Moderator

Went to a different Winnipeg Walmart tonight. Pallet had mostly Draistle and Monahan, with Giardano, Price and Crawford rounding it out.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote