ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2022, 11:40 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Super_Megatron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 32,742
DC Multiverse Infinite Frontier Robin Unmasked Gold Label Exclusive



McFarlane Toys have listed an exclusive Gold Label variant of the recently revealed Death Metal Robin.* Which is actually Future State Robin.* The Gold Label is named Infinite Frontier Robin, which was the story arc after Future State.* This has the figure without a mask. The* Gold Label Infinite Frontier maskless Robin is an exclusive to McFarlaneToysStore.com.* You can buy the masked* and unmasked version together for $24.99 USD.* Since these are normally $19.99 that’s a pretty good price. There is also another bundle pack with Rebirth Batman, Rebirth Clayface, and both Robins for $79.99 USD.* Total Retail for that » Continue Reading.

The post DC Multiverse Infinite Frontier Robin Unmasked Gold Label Exclusive appeared first on The Toyark - News.



More...
__________________
Super_Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 03:32 PM   #2
ssjgoku22
Decepticon
ssjgoku22's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 699
Re: DC Multiverse Infinite Frontier Robin Unmasked Gold Label Exclusive

Damn it McFarlane, just put the unmasked head in the box, this doesn't need a separate release.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:02 PM   #3
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,033
Re: DC Multiverse Infinite Frontier Robin Unmasked Gold Label Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Damn it McFarlane, just put the unmasked head in the box, this doesn't need a separate release.
They sell so he never will lol.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:50 AM   #4
ssjgoku22
Decepticon
ssjgoku22's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 699
Re: DC Multiverse Infinite Frontier Robin Unmasked Gold Label Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
They sell so he never will lol.
Mcfarlane DC Multiverse figures aren't selling all that well lately. GameStop's and Walmart's are flooded with them.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:48 AM   #5
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,237
Re: DC Multiverse Infinite Frontier Robin Unmasked Gold Label Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Mcfarlane DC Multiverse figures aren't selling all that well lately. GameStop's and Walmart's are flooded with them.

I think McFarlane's release strategy was initially a sucess, and helped to boost the line. Along with the lower price compared to other retail lines.


However I think, now, that strategy is starting to hurt the line. The initial "hey I loved that storyline" really differentiated the line, and offered figures of never released designs/characters. However the line has been mostly "Bat" related characters, and newer, storyline specific waves. That is great if the storyline is popular, or considered a classic. However a lot of it has been based on very recent storylines which don't necessarily have the deep love of more classic stories. So then how big is the fan base for these waves? I get the logic behind the decision, because how many people want the 1000th version of BTAS Batman, or classic appearance Superman? Especially in a collector focused line. But then you have to juggle the niche looks against the more classic looks, which a lot of fans still clamour for even though they may already have that look a few times over. Also it is time to get a wave that is less reliant of the Bat/Supes characters.



Then don't get me started on this garbage strategy of releasing the same mold twice with either a masked/unmasked head, or a different accessory. Also the fact that the unmasked version seems to usually be the general release, and the masked version is an exclusive? Really? I'm not interested in an unmasked BB Shriek, or Thomas Wayne, but that is the only thing available at general retail.


Anyway, the line has had a fair amount of "gems" but the current trend, in my opinion, has been a lot more "stinkers."
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:18 AM   #6
Ksteel
Decepticon
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Toronto
Posts: 600
Re: DC Multiverse Infinite Frontier Robin Unmasked Gold Label Exclusive

Toys R Us sold a huge chunk of their McFarlane DC figures through that Christmas clearance.

Many locations don't have any standard DCM figures left.


Gamestop is going to be screwed over with loads of unsold figures. Their prices are higher than most retailers, so collectors will just get em elsewhere.
Ksteel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:18 PM   #7
wedge1021
Mutant
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hoth
Posts: 809
Re: DC Multiverse Infinite Frontier Robin Unmasked Gold Label Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I think McFarlane's release strategy was initially a sucess, and helped to boost the line. Along with the lower price compared to other retail lines.


However I think, now, that strategy is starting to hurt the line. The initial "hey I loved that storyline" really differentiated the line, and offered figures of never released designs/characters. However the line has been mostly "Bat" related characters, and newer, storyline specific waves. That is great if the storyline is popular, or considered a classic. However a lot of it has been based on very recent storylines which don't necessarily have the deep love of more classic stories. So then how big is the fan base for these waves? I get the logic behind the decision, because how many people want the 1000th version of BTAS Batman, or classic appearance Superman? Especially in a collector focused line. But then you have to juggle the niche looks against the more classic looks, which a lot of fans still clamour for even though they may already have that look a few times over. Also it is time to get a wave that is less reliant of the Bat/Supes characters.



Then don't get me started on this garbage strategy of releasing the same mold twice with either a masked/unmasked head, or a different accessory. Also the fact that the unmasked version seems to usually be the general release, and the masked version is an exclusive? Really? I'm not interested in an unmasked BB Shriek, or Thomas Wayne, but that is the only thing available at general retail.


Anyway, the line has had a fair amount of "gems" but the current trend, in my opinion, has been a lot more "stinkers."
I was just thinking along the same lines as this. Starting to get tired of the waves based on recent, obscure storylines that I've never heard of before. The designs look cool, but I don't want 8 versions of Batman, 6 versions of Wonder Woman, 4 versions of Superman, etc. I'm actually that collector that DOESN'T have all the classic designed figures, since I just started with DC figures when McFarlane took over the licence. I want to see more waves that are made up of classic comic designs, including heroes as well as villains. And as much as I loooove Batman, I think I've hit my limit on Bat-themed figures. Unless it's adding to the classic rogues gallery, then I'm all in.

And yes, the mold re-use strategy is wearing super thin. That, and store exclusives. But that's a problem every line seems to be caught up in these days.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 04:15 PM   #8
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,033
Re: DC Multiverse Infinite Frontier Robin Unmasked Gold Label Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I think McFarlane's release strategy was initially a sucess, and helped to boost the line. Along with the lower price compared to other retail lines.


However I think, now, that strategy is starting to hurt the line. The initial "hey I loved that storyline" really differentiated the line, and offered figures of never released designs/characters. However the line has been mostly "Bat" related characters, and newer, storyline specific waves. That is great if the storyline is popular, or considered a classic. However a lot of it has been based on very recent storylines which don't necessarily have the deep love of more classic stories. So then how big is the fan base for these waves? I get the logic behind the decision, because how many people want the 1000th version of BTAS Batman, or classic appearance Superman? Especially in a collector focused line. But then you have to juggle the niche looks against the more classic looks, which a lot of fans still clamour for even though they may already have that look a few times over. Also it is time to get a wave that is less reliant of the Bat/Supes characters.



Then don't get me started on this garbage strategy of releasing the same mold twice with either a masked/unmasked head, or a different accessory. Also the fact that the unmasked version seems to usually be the general release, and the masked version is an exclusive? Really? I'm not interested in an unmasked BB Shriek, or Thomas Wayne, but that is the only thing available at general retail.


Anyway, the line has had a fair amount of "gems" but the current trend, in my opinion, has been a lot more "stinkers."
If desperate enough GameStop will just take the figures off shelves and sell them online for cheap like what they did for Lightning collection when they were flooding pegs. Retailers need to find the balance of availability and supply.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 04:33 PM   #9
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,033
Re: DC Multiverse Infinite Frontier Robin Unmasked Gold Label Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I think McFarlane's release strategy was initially a sucess, and helped to boost the line. Along with the lower price compared to other retail lines.


However I think, now, that strategy is starting to hurt the line. The initial "hey I loved that storyline" really differentiated the line, and offered figures of never released designs/characters. However the line has been mostly "Bat" related characters, and newer, storyline specific waves. That is great if the storyline is popular, or considered a classic. However a lot of it has been based on very recent storylines which don't necessarily have the deep love of more classic stories. So then how big is the fan base for these waves? I get the logic behind the decision, because how many people want the 1000th version of BTAS Batman, or classic appearance Superman? Especially in a collector focused line. But then you have to juggle the niche looks against the more classic looks, which a lot of fans still clamour for even though they may already have that look a few times over. Also it is time to get a wave that is less reliant of the Bat/Supes characters.



Then don't get me started on this garbage strategy of releasing the same mold twice with either a masked/unmasked head, or a different accessory. Also the fact that the unmasked version seems to usually be the general release, and the masked version is an exclusive? Really? I'm not interested in an unmasked BB Shriek, or Thomas Wayne, but that is the only thing available at general retail.


Anyway, the line has had a fair amount of "gems" but the current trend, in my opinion, has been a lot more "stinkers."
If desperate enough GameStop will just take the figures off shelves and sell them online for cheap like what they did for Lightning collection when they were flooding pegs. Retailers need to find the balance of availability and supply.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
I was just thinking along the same lines as this. Starting to get tired of the waves based on recent, obscure storylines that I've never heard of before. The designs look cool, but I don't want 8 versions of Batman, 6 versions of Wonder Woman, 4 versions of Superman, etc. I'm actually that collector that DOESN'T have all the classic designed figures, since I just started with DC figures when McFarlane took over the licence. I want to see more waves that are made up of classic comic designs, including heroes as well as villains. And as much as I loooove Batman, I think I've hit my limit on Bat-themed figures. Unless it's adding to the classic rogues gallery, then I'm all in.

And yes, the mold re-use strategy is wearing super thin. That, and store exclusives. But that's a problem every line seems to be caught up in these days.
If toy companies didn't feel they need to flood the calendar year with releases out of fear of People losing interest in their line, I think we'd see less re-use and variants. I get that mold re-use and variants have always been a thing but it felt like it was used more intelligently decades ago compared to now.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Action Figure Shopping





Toys on eBay.ca!
Action Figures
Mego Fly
Action Figures
McFARLANE TOYS CLIVE BARKER?S TORTURED SOULS 12? LUCIDIQUE ACTION FIGURE MIB
Action Figures
mcfarlane military action figures
Action Figures
NECA Reel Toys 18" Talking Poseable Action Figure Sin City's Marv
Action Figures
Mego

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.