ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #311
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

I called Amazon to complain. I realize that it will not change anything, but maybe they will stop doing pre-orders on figures they are unable to realize on.

I also just bought one on EBay.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #312
Zed
Red Shirt

My suspicion is that given Amazon did not place quantity limits on the pre-orders (ie - 1 per customer), scalpers snapped up most of the available supply, and we'll see a wave of them on eBay or craigslist with healthy mark ups.

Hasbro really needs to partner with better companies for their exclusives, or put more/better/stronger wording about single purchase limitations in the contracts with their partners to allow these to get into the actual customers hands.
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:38 PM   #313
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
My suspicion is that given Amazon did not place quantity limits on the pre-orders (ie - 1 per customer), scalpers snapped up most of the available supply, and we'll see a wave of them on eBay or craigslist with healthy mark ups.

Hasbro really needs to partner with better companies for their exclusives, or put more/better/stronger wording about single purchase limitations in the contracts with their partners to allow these to get into the actual customers hands.
Naturally this seems like the problem, and it seems like the issue constantly with Amazon and pre-order items, and exclusives, they need to limit the amount purchasable from each account, I'm sure in about a few hours we will see even on Amazon a 100$ Storm Shadow from one of those shady scalper vendors I.E. like "My Kids Love Toys"

sad thing is these retailers do not care 1 bit about us collectors, as long as they get the money they could care less who the product is going too. I wouldn't think that will change.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:20 PM   #314
Obsidiansnow
Red Shirt

Just had my Amazon order canceled on me as well. I sent them a nasty email (not like it matters). Guess I probably made a scalpers day on ebay too.

Such bullshit.

I want to send an email to Hasbro but I dont even know if there is a point or who I could even send it to.
Obsidiansnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:34 PM   #315
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I called Amazon to complain. I realize that it will not change anything, but maybe they will stop doing pre-orders on figures they are unable to realize on.

I also just bought one on EBay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiansnow View Post
Just had my Amazon order canceled on me as well. I sent them a nasty email (not like it matters). Guess I probably made a scalpers day on ebay too.

Such bullshit.

I want to send an email to Hasbro but I dont even know if there is a point or who I could even send it to.
I hate to be that guy, but you guys spent $60+ on a figure that’ll probably be available readily available in a week? Patience.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:00 PM   #316
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
I hate to be that guy, but you guys spent $60+ on a figure that’ll probably be available readily available in a week? Patience.
I don’t know, it’s an exclusive figure that they cancelled outright. I’m guessing Hasbro only produced so many and won’t be able to refresh. If it was a general release I would be more inclined to think your way.

At any rate, hope you are right for everyone’s sake.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #317
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I don’t know, it’s an exclusive figure that they cancelled outright. I’m guessing Hasbro only produced so many and won’t be able to refresh. If it was a general release I would be more inclined to think your way.

At any rate, hope you are right for everyone’s sake.
Me too, honestly. I am hazy, but I do seem to recall Amazon messing up other exclusives, like the Wolverine in tank top. He seemed to be gone at the beginning and now he’s plentiful.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #318
Zed
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Naturally this seems like the problem, and it seems like the issue constantly with Amazon and pre-order items, and exclusives, they need to limit the amount purchasable from each account, I'm sure in about a few hours we will see even on Amazon a 100$ Storm Shadow from one of those shady scalper vendors I.E. like "My Kids Love Toys"

sad thing is these retailers do not care 1 bit about us collectors, as long as they get the money they could care less who the product is going too. I wouldn't think that will change.
Sadly, I agree. Amazon (or Target), Toys'R'Us, even all the way up to Hasbro - they are concerned with the bottom line. They care about units sold, not who the units were sold to.
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:23 PM   #319
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Sadly, I agree. Amazon (or Target), Toys'R'Us, even all the way up to Hasbro - they are concerned with the bottom line. They care about units sold, not who the units were sold to.
They should almost have a collectors account through Toys R Us that you sign up for and get a card to, then when you buy in larger than 2 quantities, you have to have an ID. When you hit your purchase limit on your ID you’re not allowed anymore of that unit. But people who were determine could probably find a way around that.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:50 PM   #320
Superksian
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiansnow View Post

Such bullshit.

If enough of us send a complaint to Hasbro, it will make an impact. It becomes any issue for them and they will want to address it.

So if I recall correctly, this was an item made available via Hasbro Amazon merchant account. This means it's Hasbro online store via Amazon. Not directly related but I saw earlier in the year they were trying to hire someone to manage their e-commerce. The person hired will likely have to manage this relationship.

Anyway, this is something Hasbro has to work out internally with their sales and U.S. team to 1) order enough to meet preorders because that goes to their bottom line and make consumers happy 2) if things change whether it's discrepancy with the ordered number and provided or delayed delivery, they need to communicate and it can be via their Canadian social channels.

Amazon needs to work closer with the Hasbro team on this and flag if there aren't enough stock at the warehouse.

On a macro level, I'm not sure if Canada is big enough of a market for them to care. Just making up numbers here - I spend $3,000 annually on Hasbro products and there are 5,000 Canadian who spend the same amount. Hasbro makes less than $15,000,000 because retailers charge us MSRP. Hasbro makes their cut when retailers buy from them. Are there 5,000 Canadians who spends $3,000? Does it make sense for them to invest more in Canada. The company has the numbers and they have the relationship with the (e)retailers so it's up to them. Amazon is like the YouTube of ecommerce, they don't produce products or really even sell, they have a platform for seller and buyers and make their money inbetween and collect as well as sell data.
Superksian is offline   Reply With Quote