ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
acidjazz
Red Shirt
Question about a figure

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, this is my first time posting. I have a question about a couple of figures that I had seen online.

It was a DC Direct Green Lantern series "Batman as Green Lantern" and "Sinestro" here's a site that I had seen it on.

http://www.superherotoys.com/batmangls3.html
http://www.superherotoys.com/sinestrogls3.html

I think these are the coolest things ever. But is it really that rare or hard to get? So much so as to justify the prices I have seen? If they are that hard to get then I might suck it up and pay those prices. Are these pretty sought after? Or should I pass on them solely because of the price?

TIA
acidjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Question about a figure

I can't say much about the toys as DC is outside my areas of knowledge, but they did make me think of vujonny's customs.

Check them out here: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...ead.php?t=7019

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:29 AM   #3
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Never seen the batman but DC Direct Sinestro usually goes for $50+ same goes for DCUnivese Classics Sinestro.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:55 AM   #4
cloud
Master of the Universe

Well DC Direct figures don't usually get re-released. So these figures that were made a couple of years ago becomes hard to find.
People were complaining about a Green Lantern Batman which only appeared in 1 or 2 page of a GL issue. I guess it's still a Batman figure and a cool design so it sold rather well.

The Sinestro figure was released the following year after the Sinestro Corps story arc I believe. It's a really well made figure. Well sculpt and well painted. It became highly sought after when the multicolor lantern corps were introduced and of course with the popularity of Blackest Night and War of Green Lanterns story arcs. I did see a couple of forum posts requesting a new Sinestro Corps Sinestro from DC Direct or at least a re-release.

I will never justify a 6"-7" action figure to be sold for more than $20-25. Afterall, it's just a piece of plastic and should not be worth that much money. Unless you are totally obsessed and can afford the money then go for it.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
acidjazz
Red Shirt

thanks everyone for your advice, I picked them up today but luckily I didn't have to pay through the nose for them!
acidjazz is offline   Reply With Quote