ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper
Revoltech.

Hey, everyone. Bee na huge fan of Revoltech, but only managed to secure myself six figures.

Two Transformers: Megatron and Rodimus

A white macross non transforming figure
The Predator
Two Fraulains E.L.F.: Ayanami and Makinami Mari Illustrious

All store bought. So my question is what is a good site to order revoltechs from? Im trying to avoid using ebay. And which ones I should try to get.

Some that I plan on getting are the Alien, Iron man, War Machine, some awesome looking blue guy a member posted in the photo thread, Optimus Prime and Movie OP.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Revoltech.

Revoltech are awesome.

I always order from Amiami's english site. http://www.amiami.jp/shop?set=english

This is, IMO, best place to order import toys from. When you preorder, you can get good discounts. For example, the Optimus Prime is 20% off. Shipping the slow SAL method usually costs approximately $10 per revoltech figure. The faster EMS method with tracking usually costs about $15.

Another site is HLJ.com. If Amiami is old out, I go there. You get discounts there as well, but not as good in general. You don't need any other sites than those two, really. Just don't cancel too many preorders, as they don't tend to like that much.

If you like female figures, check out the Figma brand. Figma Mari is vastly superior, IMO, to the Revoltech ones. Figma is also branching out into the North American sci-fi market starting with amazing looking Robocop.

Last edited by pud333; 07-12-2011 at 07:28 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Awesome man thanks. Ive always been hoping that I could get most in stores, but they are really hard to come by unless you know where to look.

Like, in vancouver I know of Metropolis, and thats where I found the Predator. But I dont go to vancouver often.

But thanks for the info.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
pud333
Master of the Universe

In Vancouver, there aren't many places. In Richmond there are a bunch of asian import stores, like at Aberdeen Centre (has a couple) and Richmond Centre used to have Soul of Anime (Not sure if it's still there. Haven't been there in a while). You can find Revoltechs at those places. Just be careful; sometimes the figures have been opened and displayed and then put back in the box and they attempt to sell it as brand new. I bought a figma I thought was new one time and it turned out to be a) used, and b) broken.

In Vancouver, you could also try Crystal Mall near Metrotown. Lots of hobby stores there, though I admit I never really found anything worthwhile...
Old 07-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #5
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Hmmm, Im not in Vancouver all that much to go to these places. But good to know anyway, hows Urban Samurai for revoltechs or asian imports?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:30 AM   #6
pud333
Master of the Universe

Urban Samurai has lots of imported robots like Transformer Alternity's and Takara versions, as well as some third party stuff, but not so much Revoltechs. They had a few last I checked (about almost a year ago), but I don't know what their situation is now. Next time I'm in that area, if I see any I'll let you know. Everything there tends to be expensive though - like any import store.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
pud333
Master of the Universe

I love these things. My Revoltech Collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4362.jpg (90.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4363.jpg (88.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4364.jpg (90.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4365.jpg (91.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 10-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Nice collection, im just bringing up numbers now. Probably ordering war machine from http://www.amiami.jp/shop?set=english. Seems like a great site.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Urban Samurai has lots of imported robots like Transformer Alternity's and Takara versions, as well as some third party stuff, but not so much Revoltechs. They had a few last I checked (about almost a year ago), but I don't know what their situation is now. Next time I'm in that area, if I see any I'll let you know. Everything there tends to be expensive though - like any import store.
I just checked Urban Samurai yesterday. No revoltechs except the Macross transforming valkyries, Hot Rod, and Ultra Magnus (selling around $39.99 I think). They had lots of Takara stuff. TFs and Gundam is what they mostly do. I saw MP-10 Prime there. Man, he looked awesome. Now I have to order that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Chrissandwich View Post
Nice collection, im just bringing up numbers now. Probably ordering war machine from http://www.amiami.jp/shop?set=english. Seems like a great site.
Thanks. Collection is even bigger now! haha. Anyway, Amiami rules. They're f'ing awesome. I have War Machine on order as well. I probably wont' get him though until beginning of November, since he is in a large order with other preorders that Amiami is holding for me.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #10
JTCh
Toku

The thing I like about Amiami is they will hold your order for the month and wait for everything that's coming out that month to be in stock before they ship. This saves a lot of shipping so I just use EMS with them.

I don't think HLJ has this service, if they did, I would order from them much more.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote