ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-08-2023, 11:37 PM   #2451
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

They showed digital renders last quarter of last year iirc. Nothing that went up for pre order today wasn't announced beforehand.

Today was the first time they had production samples

Edit: Looked it up. June 2022 was when we first saw digital renders for the Copperhead wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
So were these new figures announced and put up for pre-order on the same day, or did I miss an announcement yesterday? Because same-day pre-orders are BS.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 03-08-2023 at 11:45 PM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:45 PM   #2452
Zanth
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Yep, count me as one of those Canadian suckers for the Snow Job and Valkyries. Way too expensive for what you get but, again, I'm a sucker. I have almost a complete set of Classified figures so far (missing Arctic SS). So yeah I am part of the problem. I guess the only good thing is if by some miracle they show up here through some other channel before release I can cancel the Pulse preorder. Though we know that isn't going to happen with a Pulse exclusive.
We should figure out a method of combining shipping. I know you are in Ottawa (or make it this way often enough). Knowing Snow Job is an exclusive really hurts. I don't collect the entire line since the Arctic SS made a sour taste in my mouth and then some hit and misses with a few figs had me decide to match my original ARAH collection from the 80s (plus a few choice extras). That said, Snow Job is a must have for me so I will preorder, but in the future, I am more than willing to order up and combine shipping with someone or a bunch of folks who are in the same city.
Zanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:59 PM   #2453
Tiffster
Clonetrooper

My cover girl shipped
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 10:47 AM   #2454
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
I may suck it up and get the Valkyries and Snow Job. It's the $30 shipping that hurts.
Yeah, the shipping is why I?m passing on Snow Job at this point. Too bad, as there?s a sentimental attachment to the character for me because Snow Job was the very first Joe toy I got, along with the Polar Battle Bear that one magical Christmas all those many years ago.

..One thing us Canadians could do that used to take place on forums like He-man.org during the heyday of Classics and MattyCollector was to make connections with fellow fans near each other and go in on orders together and that way split the shipping costs. We?d alternate between purchases and meet up once the items arrived.

Obviously it takes a leap of faith, especially for the first few transactions, but it did help me get a complete collection (besides Sorcereress because that was before finding someone to split shipping with). Just a thought?.

Anyways, I didn?t wait for GameStop and ordered through site sponsor ECollectibles instead for the figures I wanted. Deluxe Scrap Iron made it easy to hit their free shipping threshold
m.arndt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 02:56 PM   #2455
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

well I guess I missed out on the new Classified Wave at Gamestop, boy those went unavailable for pre-order quick, seems Bazooka is still hanging on though, the rest flew away.

I guess I'm going with good old collector friendly amazon

also Ugh just decided using my lack of better judgement to order Snowjob and Valkyries from Pulse, the price was outrageous, felt cute for the time, might cancel later.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 04:03 PM   #2456
Tiffster
Clonetrooper

My mindbender is ready for pickup!
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 04:52 PM   #2457
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
well I guess I missed out on the new Classified Wave at Gamestop, boy those went unavailable for pre-order quick, seems Bazooka is still hanging on though, the rest flew away.

also Ugh just decided using my lack of better judgement to order Snowjob and Valkyries from Pulse, the price was outrageous, felt cute for the time, might cancel later.
Hey my bro, just to clarify, you have to be a paid member of Pulse to be able to order these figures?
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 04:56 PM   #2458
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
Hey my bro, just to clarify, you have to be a paid member of Pulse to be able to order these figures?
No, you can just create a free account and order them.

I had my free account from the Galactus Haslab and used that to order Snowjob. I may cancel later, but figure I should have the option for now.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 05:25 PM   #2459
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
No, you can just create a free account and order them.

I had my free account from the Galactus Haslab and used that to order Snowjob. I may cancel later, but figure I should have the option for now.
Thanks dude! I was finally able to order it now; was having some kind of glitch issue from my laptop. Any how, relieved but oooooof that price! Hopefully Gamestop will come through for us on this.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 05:40 PM   #2460
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post

Couldnt you do an instore preorder ?
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote