ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 05-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Hasbro's May MARVEL Q&A Answers for ActionFigureNews.ca

AFN: Why is it that the new Spider-Man 3.75" line figures has so little articulation, and has been designed in a more simplistic manner than other Marvel action figure lines? The different style is very noticeable when compared to the Iron Man 2 and Marvel Universe figures.
Hasbro: Our Spider-Man collection is focused on our youngest consumer. Look for Spider-Man figures within Marvel Universe for higher degrees of articulation.

AFN: Why was the carded deco on Iron Patriot chosen versus the more comic-accurate version we were shown at Toy Fair? Is the Toy Fair version a "fixed" version resulting in a running change to this figure?
Hasbro: We decided to use the "carded deco" on Iron Patriot because we have already featured him in numerous comic stylings. Is this a variant you were hoping to see? Let us know!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	marvel.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	972  
Old 05-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
UltraPrimal
Super Friend
Re: Hasbro's May MARVEL Q&A Answers for ActionFigureNews.ca

Pretty much the answer I expected. But just because they're targeting a younger audience doesn't mean they have to be bricks.

It's too bad. How awesome would a little 3 3/4 inch Doc Ock be with fully articulated tentacles? And it's not like that couldn't reuse that part for a Spider Wars Spider-Man with Octo-Arms.

You know it's just really strange to me that Spider-Man, a superhero that personifies agility, dexterity, and flexability, get a line that is nearly unposeable.

I wonder if the Spectaular Spider-Man line is the same way. It's fantastic series, but it's also targeted to younger audiences.

Oh well, hopefully we'll get some more Spidey villains in the Marvel line.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
Evan
Jedi Knight
Re: Hasbro's May MARVEL Q&A Answers for ActionFigureNews.ca

I agree that there should be more articulation. I remember Spidey toys when I was younger, and I could never get him into crazy poses. Maybe more articulation means pieces can come off easier? I have no idea, but I think this line should have more articulation too.

I also think there should be a more comic accurate Iron Patriot. That being said, I haven't seen any of the Iron Patriot figures yet in person, so it's a bit harder for me to judge.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hasbro q&a, marvel