ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-16-2020, 05:14 PM   #3161
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hasbro-.../6000201696843

Marvel Legends Deadpool movie Cable is up on the site. Only a few left if you missed out.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:54 PM   #3162
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
It might just be EB games mark ups. I hope so. If not I gotta really be selective on what I buy. These figures aren't worth anything above $25 to be honest and we're already paying more than we should at $30. $33 is just pushing it beyond what's reasonable. Especially when we aren't getting the value of a $30-$33 figure. We're basically getting ripped off.
Other retailers have already started listing Hasbro figures coming out in 2021 from multiple toylines that used to be $29.99 at the higher price point.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:56 PM   #3163
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Other retailers have already started listing Hasbro figures coming out in 2021 from multiple toylines that used to be $29.99 at the higher price point.
Walmart as well?
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:10 PM   #3164
Primetyme
Cobra Trooper

Walmart may have an existing agreement/contract to sell at $29.97 or simply slow to adjust, but hearing that Hasbro has jacked the price up across the board to the $32.99 price point.

At some point Walmart should move there as well.
Primetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:14 PM   #3165
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetyme View Post
Walmart may have an existing agreement/contract to sell at $29.97 or simply slow to adjust, but hearing that Hasbro has jacked the price up across the board to the $32.99 price point.

At some point Walmart should move there as well.
That's super lame. We JUST got a price hike a couple of years ago in 2016-2017
Old 11-16-2020, 11:18 PM   #3166
The7thParallel
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
It might just be EB games mark ups. I hope so. If not I gotta really be selective on what I buy. These figures aren't worth anything above $25 to be honest and we're already paying more than we should at $30. $33 is just pushing it beyond what's reasonable. Especially when we aren't getting the value of a $30-$33 figure. We're basically getting ripped off.
It’s hard to swallow, especially when compared to the excellent macfarlane dc multiverse figs for $25. Heck, I just picked some up from Amazon for $19.97 each. Bigger and better value.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:39 PM   #3167
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hasbro-.../6000201696843

Marvel Legends Deadpool movie Cable is up on the site. Only a few left if you missed out.
I missed it

I cannot seem to get my hands on this figure!
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:04 AM   #3168
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
It’s hard to swallow, especially when compared to the excellent macfarlane dc multiverse figs for $25. Heck, I just picked some up from Amazon for $19.97 each. Bigger and better value.
Yeah they aren't bad figures at all at that price point. I just don't like how they package weapon holding hands for every character, even ones with no accessories. It's stupid. It is hard to swallow when American's are still paying $19.99 for a $20 product and we pay $30-33 for a $20 product. Quality still the same, we just pay more..I don't know why this is happening.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:50 AM   #3169
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
Price point to get people buying, trying to get their foot into the market i'd imagine. Price increase will come sooner than later.

Quote:
That's super lame. We JUST got a price hike a couple of years ago in 2016-2017
Quote:
Yeah they aren't bad figures at all at that price point. I just don't like how they package weapon holding hands for every character, even ones with no accessories. It's stupid. It is hard to swallow when American's are still paying $19.99 for a $20 product and we pay $30-33 for a $20 product. Quality still the same, we just pay more..I don't know why this is happening.
Inflation, exchange rate, smaller market and they are not still paying $19.99 for figures for very much longer, newer preorders are set to $22.99.

I mean at this point do I need to point out 5 minutes of research could've answered those questions. Or is this more about fanning the flames...

The butt hurt negativity here lately...jeez...it's like i'm toy doomscrolling lol

Last edited by sixshot1981; 11-17-2020 at 12:52 AM.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #3170
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

In the 90's they were even cheaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Price point to get people buying, trying to get their foot into the market i'd imagine. Price increase will come sooner than later.

Inflation, exchange rate, smaller market and they are not still paying $19.99 for figures for very much longer, newer preorders are set to $22.99.

I mean at this point do I need to point out 5 minutes of research could've answered those questions. Or is this more about fanning the flames...

The butt hurt negativity here lately...jeez...it's like i'm toy doomscrolling lol
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote