ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-21-2024, 09:14 PM   #7701
springwolf84
Cobra Trooper
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Never saw Black Widow at my TRU either, but it did eventually go up for sale at the online retailers (ecollectibles is now sold out but Toy Snowman still has it available!).

So there’s hope for pretty much any store exclusive to be available at other retailers eventually.
springwolf84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 12:30 AM   #7702
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by springwolf84 View Post
Never saw Black Widow at my TRU either, but it did eventually go up for sale at the online retailers (ecollectibles is now sold out but Toy Snowman still has it available!).

So there?s hope for pretty much any store exclusive to be available at other retailers eventually.
I had to buy Black Widow through an Amazon Marketplace seller using an Amazon gift card I got for Christmas. I was very surprised that it sold out online on TRU so quickly (probably due more to online scalper bots than actual collectors buying the figure up). It is worth getting though, as Hasbro did a great job.

And having recently purchased a few items from Toy Snowman, I would highly recommend them. At least they have reasonable prices and you can get free shipping if you meet their minimum threshold.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 12:53 AM   #7703
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
I had to buy Black Widow through an Amazon Marketplace seller using an Amazon gift card I got for Christmas. I was very surprised that it sold out online on TRU so quickly (probably due more to online scalper bots than actual collectors buying the figure up). It is worth getting though, as Hasbro did a great job.

And having recently purchased a few items from Toy Snowman, I would highly recommend them. At least they have reasonable prices and you can get free shipping if you meet their minimum threshold.
Toy Snowman is pretty good. I still order from them once in a blue moon but I miss their $99 free shipping threshold they had a few years back. They also seemed to stop having boxing day and holiday sales too for whatever reason.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 01:44 AM   #7704
Napseeker
Dark Knight

In their recent youtube video, ToySnowman mentioned that they stopped their last sale prematurely because they were doing so much business and didn't want to overload their staff fufilling the orders.

So that's probably why - business is gangbusters so sales aren't needed as much to drive people to buy.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 02:33 AM   #7705
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
In their recent youtube video, ToySnowman mentioned that they stopped their last sale prematurely because they were doing so much business and didn't want to overload their staff fufilling the orders.

So that's probably why - business is gangbusters so sales aren't needed as much to drive people to buy.
That makes sense. Thanks for filling me in on that. I know that there have been several Youtubers that have been sponsored by TSM the past while so I'm guessing Americans on those channels started to shop there for the early drops and to take advantage of the strong USD.
Old 02-22-2024, 07:05 AM   #7706
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
I never saw Black Widow. Still see the Scarlet Witch around though.

Same here, though I don't see Scarlet Witch anymore.

I want a Black Widow, but I can wait to find one for retail, or the inevitable re-release down the line somewhere.

Production may be down now, but recent news from Hasbro (ML/TF) shows they aren't past re-releasing older figures in a couple of years. It's probably cheaper for them since it requires no extra design/mold costs. Gotta find savings anywhere they can.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 10:00 AM   #7707
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

I'm gonna go ahead and assume the No way Home spidey's are pretty much only available via resellers now? Can't find those figures anywhere anymore. You would think they would over produce those spider-men as they are very popular and sell. Guess Hasbro thinks not judging by how fast they dried up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post

I want a Black Widow, but I can wait to find one for retail, or the inevitable re-release down the line somewhere.

Production may be down now, but recent news from Hasbro (ML/TF) shows they aren't past re-releasing older figures in a couple of years. It's probably cheaper for them since it requires no extra design/mold costs. Gotta find savings anywhere they can.
The only issue with waiting for a re-issue of her is even if it does come, it will probably come with less than the original release but at the same cost.
Old 02-22-2024, 11:53 AM   #7708
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and assume the No way Home spidey's are pretty much only available via resellers now? Can't find those figures anywhere anymore. You would think they would over produce those spider-men as they are very popular and sell. Guess Hasbro thinks not judging by how fast they dried up..

The only issue with waiting for a re-issue of her is even if it does come, it will probably come with less than the original release but at the same cost.

Well the recent announcements and leaks of upcoming re-releases all seem to be straight reissues. All the same accessories and even the same packaging. So I'm good taking a chance. Hell maybe if they do re-release Black Widow in a couple years she'll be in window packaging instead of the current swappers delight packaging.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 01:18 PM   #7709
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post

Toysnowman has her for pre-order https://toysnowman.com/products/marv...e-preorder-dec

Not sure what the TRU price was though.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 02:13 PM   #7710
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Toysnowman has her for pre-order https://toysnowman.com/products/marv...e-preorder-dec

Not sure what the TRU price was though.
It was the same price if memory serves.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote