ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-08-2015, 09:53 AM   #421
mollyizzy
Red Shirt
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Amazon.ca tie pilot

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00W...rhf_pe_p_img_3
mollyizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:55 AM   #422
mollyizzy
Red Shirt

Amazon.ca STAR WARS Black Series IN STOCK

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00WO0A1CG/r...I1YXNEZ4XBL51S
mollyizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:07 AM   #423
migstr
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyizzy View Post
Amazon.ca STAR WARS Black Series IN STOCK

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00WO0A1CG/r...I1YXNEZ4XBL51S
Thanks! Was able to snag a Resistance Trooper. What other figures are coming out next wave? Hux and Asty?
migstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #424
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
They are essentially a liquidation type store where suppliers send extra stock to at a "bargain". I have had luck with them before...randomly found a stormtrooper there when it seemed like the only stores getting them was Target.

Yeah luck is the key. My best find at Winners was a 6" Slave Leia for $3!!!!! The box was not great, but for $3 it was still a steal.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:27 AM   #425
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Yeah luck is the key. My best find at Winners was a 6" Slave Leia for $3!!!!! The box was not great, but for $3 it was still a steal.
Absolutely. I think I paid $19.99 at the time when I found the stormtrooper there, not a huge discount but a few bucks cheaper than general...not to mention people where chasing that figure like crazy (collectors for the army build and scalpers for easy mark up sales).
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:32 AM   #426
Chovner
Red Shirt

How much was the FO TIE Pilot on amazon?
Chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #427
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
The best Star Wars deal so far I got was from Walmart.ca black friday. Thou i doubt it but heres hoping they do it again for Boxing day!!! BTW anyone know if it was an old stock of SW BS they offered on sale? Anyway dont mind if it was an old stock, for $10 what can simply go wrong.
They were only old black series stock. In the black box with blue and orange stripe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by migstr View Post
Thanks! Was able to snag a Resistance Trooper. What other figures are coming out next wave? Hux and Asty?
Only Resistance Trooper and FO Tie Fighter Pilot are new in wave 3. Everything else is a repack. No Phasma in wave 3.

Darn I missed out on the amazon orders but I'll keep checking. Btw they are also out in Walmarts too.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #428
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Here's a dumb question, but are those Amazon.ca links to 6" or SA 3.75" figures? Stupid, stupid Hasbro putting both scales in the same packaging and calling them both Black series, I can't honestly tell if these are 6 or 4 inchers. There's no price and nothing in the item's title...
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:51 PM   #429
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
The best Star Wars deal so far I got was from Walmart.ca black friday. Thou i doubt it but heres hoping they do it again for Boxing day!!! BTW anyone know if it was an old stock of SW BS they offered on sale? Anyway dont mind if it was an old stock, for $10 what can simply go wrong.
I have a feeling that WM bought the older $10 figures in from Hasbro Canada at a big discount specifically as a Black Friday promotion. I have seen it happen before. Hasbro Canada will bring a wave into the country, usually one of the later waves of the year, but because retailers are still clogged with pegwarmers, none of them put in orders. Then the line gets refreshed to next years packaging style, and HasCan gets stuck with the old stock in their warehouse. So they offer it to retailers at a big discount in order to get rid of them. TRU did this a couple years back for Christmas/Boxing Week, with the last couple waves of the 2010 Blue style Clone Wars figures. They were selling them for about $6 each. Once in awhile my dealer will get these offers from HasCan as well, but of course by then all his regular customers have already gotten their cases from him at the full price months ago.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:54 PM   #430
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Here's a dumb question, but are those Amazon.ca links to 6" or SA 3.75" figures? Stupid, stupid Hasbro putting both scales in the same packaging and calling them both Black series, I can't honestly tell if these are 6 or 4 inchers. There's no price and nothing in the item's title...
Looks like 6". I think the 6" boxes are taller/thinner looking, and the 4" and shorter/wider. But so far the Black Series 4" line is only a Walmart exclusive as far as I know. Not 100% on that as I haven't been into the TFA stuff.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote