ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-04-2021, 02:47 PM   #191
Canukle
Clonetrooper
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

I think you're reading too much into my comment. I'm not defending any gouging - I'm saying that it's not really equal to compare the prices of a mass-produced item to something with a relatively low production run. It's not always the engineering and development. Like how you get a break on the cost of printing 1000 pamphlets over just 10 - larger production runs cost less than limited ones.

I used to go to conventions like Fan Expo, before covid hit. I'd visit the Hasbro booth and pick up whatever GI Joe exclusives they had that year. For example, a few years back I picked up This... it's a box of cardboard. Yeah, I can go do any stationary store and get some cardboard for cheaper - maybe even go get some specialty art-stock paper for cheaper than what I paid for this. But that paper is mass-produced year-over-year - the paper that I bought is a relatively limited run, re-production of a retro toy

And I probably got ripped off on every convention-exclusive figure and vehicle I bought. I don't defend that, but I bought them knowing what I was getting.
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 05:42 PM   #192
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Even with Fomo I don't think it will be enough. It still needs 4000 backers and alot of people that retracted their funding already have spent that $350 on other figures or Holiday prep. You also have the people that have been soured on this whole campaign and don't really care about owning the Rancor anymore. I still don't see this getting even close to funded.
I agree about being soured on the whole campaign. If the only difference was that Hasbro had included Malakili right from the beginning, and kept all the other tiers the same, I probably would have ended up backing it at some point. Now I just have no interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Outside of Cookie Monster, which failed, all the other Haslabs have added in the thousands in the final days. The last day is especially busy.

Right now I don't know what to think, but history says there will be at least a few thousand added backers in the final two days.
But with those projects, they had already hit their "fully funded" status as well as most if not all the tiers. People knew what they were getting. I think of those last-minute thousands as additional buys from those who had already backed at least one. Basically re-sellers looking to stock up now that they know it's funded with all tiers.

With the Rancor, if at the last minute it looks like it might get funded but won't make any of the tiers, we might actually see it dropping numbers again - those who can't justify paying the price without any of the extra benefits. I know I'd probably do that if that was me.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:48 PM   #193
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameprime View Post
snowracers get updated yearly which calls for new designs and molding. You can even get models with shocks like a bike has. Production costs (initial and otherwise) won't stay static.

Hasbro is the largest toy company ever with the most popular IPs on the market and producing more toys than anyone. They know how to cut costs and save on production. And of all companies they will get the best prices on designing, materials, and production. And let's be honest, it's Hasbro creating the "expensive limited exclusivity" on these items. As I stated, there is no reason why the sky striker can't be a general release.

For a better comparison just look at He-Man origins Castle Greyskull for $80 regular price. Initial start up costs for this must be similar to a simple plane toy but is significantly cheaper.

Ill also add that Hasbro isn't a stranger to making a toy plane so it's not exactly new ground here. Thousands upon thousands of Skystrikers have been produced over the decades for general release, how is this one different? Maybe Rancors too? I'm unsure what Hasbro have done SW beyond TBS.

Ill also add this weird shift in thought since covid where people seem to justify things for a company that just wants your $$. I mean when someone agrees that the price is gouging but goes on to defend the gouging then I have to wonder what it is that makes consumers protect these gouging practices. The only winner here is the company.
Yea I don't understand this either. People argue that these companies are in the business of making money, and they aren't wrong. But it doesn't mean that we should all just bend over and take their BS because at the end of the day these companies need us more tha nwe need them. But it's almost like people have forgotten that and are acting like we need these companies more than they need us.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:03 AM   #194
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 6,859 / 10,000 (+298)
Rancor: 5,405 / 9,000 (+152)
Proton Pack: 12,901 / 7,000 (+193)

So it was a Saturday, which probably contributed to the slightly lower numbers than the last few days.

The Proton Pack should pass the tier 3 mark today sometime.

The Skystriker could fund, but it is still a bit too early to tell. The FOMO should kick in Monday and that will probably give us a better idea.

The Rancor is up, but I just don't know if it can get the legs it needs in the final days. I don't know that FOMO is there for this project. I guess we will see tomorrow in the final hours.

I guess the question is...Does Hasbro extend? They only have a few hours to make the decision.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:24 PM   #195
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Update:

Skystriker: 6,859 / 10,000 (+298)
Rancor: 5,405 / 9,000 (+152)
Proton Pack: 12,901 / 7,000 (+193)

So it was a Saturday, which probably contributed to the slightly lower numbers than the last few days.

The Proton Pack should pass the tier 3 mark today sometime.

The Skystriker could fund, but it is still a bit too early to tell. The FOMO should kick in Monday and that will probably give us a better idea.

The Rancor is up, but I just don't know if it can get the legs it needs in the final days. I don't know that FOMO is there for this project. I guess we will see tomorrow in the final hours.

I guess the question is...Does Hasbro extend? They only have a few hours to make the decision.
I don't know if they extend, but we're going to find out shortly.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:00 AM   #196
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 7,195 / 10,000 (+336)
Rancor: 5,678 / 9,000 (+273)
Proton Pack: 13,146 / 7,000 (+245)

So a funny thing. For the first time, possibly since the 3 Haslabs started, the Proton Pack added the smallest amount of backers of the 3 projects. OH NO THE PROTON PACK ISN'T GOING TO FUND!!!!........Oh wait, that's right....nevermind.

So the Skystriker is doing better, but is it too late? I don't think so, I think the final day should push it over the top.

The Rancor is another story. I just don't know what to make of it. This is it, the last day. If it followed a similar path, like previous Haslab projects, I would say no worries. The final day will add enough to put it over the top, but this has been a very different project so who knows. Either way we will know in less than 24 hours.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:13 PM   #197
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

When they add their non-HP orders, they will go up, but by how much? On the last day of Star Saber that went up 7000 apparently according to the numbers.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:42 PM   #198
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

where can you place haslab orders outside of hp?
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:43 PM   #199
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
When they add their non-HP orders, they will go up, but by how much? On the last day of Star Saber that went up 7000 apparently according to the numbers.
I don't understand. Do you mean it could still be funded even if the official total listed on Hasbro Pulse doesn't cross the 9,000 backers number?

Also, just under 3,000 to go in the next nine hours. What do we think? Is it gonna make it?
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #200
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

imagine everything was actually funded already but haslab just wanted to make it seem like its close just to squeeze out any last second fomo orders before smacking on the true numbers and rejoicing in your goal of lining their pockets.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote