ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #21
JTCh
Toku
Re: How much would it take you to quit collecting?

I wouldn't say I have stopped collecting, but I have definitely slowed down a lot compared to the last few years. I still pick up a figure here and there, but there are a lot of stuff that I like, but still passed on now. It's not really due to the price as I mostly collect imported stuff and their prices have always fluctuated with the exchange rate. It's just because I get to spend more money on other hobbies

But no, I doubt I will ever entirely stop as deep down I still love this stuff
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #22
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I've already reached that point with a lot of the things I used to collect. 8 years ago I lived in the States, and paid $10 for Marvel Legends figures and $6 for Star Wars figures. I pretty well bought every figure that got released. After moving up here I got selective real quick, facing $15 for most 6 inch figures and $10 for 3 3/4 inchers. And now that the common prices seem to be at least $20 for 6 inchers and $12 for 3 3/4 inchers, I barely ever buy them.

The only lines I still go after are Transformers and some Power Rangers. While QC and size has taken a hit with TFs, I don't find the rising prices insulting (yet), considering you get a robot, a vehicle (or animal) and a puzzle all in one figure. The prices on their "exclusive" stuff, however, can kiss my plastic lovin' tooshie. I don't care if its Platinum Super Masterpiece Year of the Grasshopper Optimus Prime; ain't paying $150 tax in for a single toy.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:17 PM   #23
Xtreme987
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
A bullet in the brain.
I'd have to agree with you there. What else am I supposed to do with my extra time & money ?
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:52 PM   #24
Stevan
Cylon Centurion

2 things would make me stop rising prices and no space for display. Ml are already becoming pain. Dc collectibles has nothing to offer and i dont care much for new 52.
marvel select i only get bulky guys and occasional random character.
finding it harder to collect certain lines due to poor distribution and scalpers will most certainly make me lose interest in the hobby
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote