ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 01:15 AM   #131
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!
Re: Showcase Your Collection Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jko View Post
Your displays are so kick ass!
Are you into ACBA? 'cause your MU stuff is wicked!
thanks bro

sorry, what's ACBA?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:25 AM   #132
Jko
Red Shirt

Sarcastic question?

A(rticulated)C(omic)B(ook)A(rt)

YouTube it and check out Boognice10 or check out Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Articu...2813665?v=info

I think Haggis is into ACBA as well?

ACBA as described on their Facebook page:

"Articulated Comic Book Art (abbreviated A.C.B.A) is a visual art form first recognized [June 15th 2009] by a passionate group of the action figure collecting community and is best exemplified by the efforts of this community who display their work on the website, YouTube, as well as in their homes and at their local hobby shops. The term 'Articulated Comic Book Art' was coined by [Kendel Gray aka Boognice10] as he is considered the pioneer of this art form. The term A.C.B.A. has come to represent a growing venture of display art in local venues such as comic book stores, hobby shops, toy/comic book conventions and other related outlets. At its most basic level, Articulated Comic Book Art is akin to the miniature dioramas found in many museums, and as the name implies, the subject matter is influenced by comic book/superhero themes that pay homage to the Marvel, DC, and independent Comic Book universes. A.C.B.A makes use of highly articulated action figures in either the 1/12th (6") or 1/18th (3 3/4") scale, incorporating elaborate background sets, dynamic/dramatic lighting, scaled props, inserted paper dialogue balloons and comic book style sound effects with the end result emulating scenes lifted right from the source material. Due to the nature of this medium, the individual artist is not chained to any of these concepts and liberties are often taken.

Last edited by Jko; 05-07-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #133
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

I didn't mean to be sarcastic. I really had no clue lol
Old 05-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #134
Jko
Red Shirt

Ha ha! Just cracking a joke, man.
I guess reading emotion on text IS quite hard...
Old 05-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #135
Snoudzy
Super Friend

OK, I have some of my toy room pictures ready to post and share. What is the best size to post to the site. Also, I set my Iron Man collection and now am ready to move on to the next section of my collection. What should I work on next: Star Wars, Transformers or Star Trek?
Old 05-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #136
Soundwave.ca
Red Shirt

http://www.toyark.com/anime-figures-...ngelion-55723/
Old 06-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #137
Haggis
Kilted Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jko View Post
Sarcastic question?

A(rticulated)C(omic)B(ook)A(rt)

YouTube it and check out Boognice10 or check out Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Articu...2813665?v=info

I think Haggis is into ACBA as well?

ACBA as described on their Facebook page:

"Articulated Comic Book Art (abbreviated A.C.B.A) is a visual art form first recognized [June 15th 2009] by a passionate group of the action figure collecting community and is best exemplified by the efforts of this community who display their work on the website, YouTube, as well as in their homes and at their local hobby shops. The term 'Articulated Comic Book Art' was coined by [Kendel Gray aka Boognice10] as he is considered the pioneer of this art form. The term A.C.B.A. has come to represent a growing venture of display art in local venues such as comic book stores, hobby shops, toy/comic book conventions and other related outlets. At its most basic level, Articulated Comic Book Art is akin to the miniature dioramas found in many museums, and as the name implies, the subject matter is influenced by comic book/superhero themes that pay homage to the Marvel, DC, and independent Comic Book universes. A.C.B.A makes use of highly articulated action figures in either the 1/12th (6") or 1/18th (3 3/4") scale, incorporating elaborate background sets, dynamic/dramatic lighting, scaled props, inserted paper dialogue balloons and comic book style sound effects with the end result emulating scenes lifted right from the source material. Due to the nature of this medium, the individual artist is not chained to any of these concepts and liberties are often taken.

Yup i do teh ACBA awells

A Man in a Kilt is a Man and a Half
"There is no better High then cracking open a new figure"
Old 06-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #138
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoudzy View Post
OK, I have some of my toy room pictures ready to post and share. What is the best size to post to the site. Also, I set my Iron Man collection and now am ready to move on to the next section of my collection. What should I work on next: Star Wars, Transformers or Star Trek?
I know there are specifics, but generally if you post them as attachments, they'll shrink them down for you to an appropriate size. Or just link a photobucket account or something for people to browse. As far as what you should work on, only you can answer that one my friend.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #139
solo0525
Undead

Here's a few of mine

Old 04-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #140
WildMike
Super Friend

That is one of the most spectacular things I have ever seen.
Closed Thread

Tags
collection, toys