ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Post your questions for the Mattel Q&A

Starting with the November 15th edition ActionFigureNews.ca will be involved in the bi-weekly question and answer sessions with Mattel. Please post your questions regarding Masters of the Universe, DC Universe Classics, Justice League Unlimited, Ghostbusters or anything else Mattel related in this thread by the 14th and 30th of each month.

Mattel can not answer questions about unannounced figures (i.e. "will you do a figure of Psycho Pirate in 6" scale), productionruns, acquiring new properties or logistics in production.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mattel.jpg (56.1 KB, 52 views)
Old 10-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
adriantripod
Cobra Trooper
Re: Post your questions for the Mattel Q&A

Will Canada see DCUC Wave 10 at Walmarts here? You've "said" in the past that the wave WILL be available internationally, but is this theory rather than fact?
adriantripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
Super_Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantripod View Post
Will Canada see DCUC Wave 10 at Walmarts here? You've "said" in the past that the wave WILL be available internationally, but is this theory rather than fact?
Excellent question. We need more like this guys.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
Parkdaledude
Red Shirt

Since Target stores do not exist in Canada will you be making the exclusives that sell there available to any Canadian retailers? Also DCUC figures are pretty much non-existent at Canadian retailers will you be increasing the amount of exposure that you have in sale isles? Because Wal-Marts up here don't even carry DCUC lines that are exclusive to them let alone the lines that are not.
Parkdaledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
Super_Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkdaledude View Post
Since Target stores do not exist in Canada will you be making the exclusives that sell there available to any Canadian retailers? Also DCUC figures are pretty much non-existent at Canadian retailers will you be increasing the amount of exposure that you have in sale isles? Because Wal-Marts up here don't even carry DCUC lines that are exclusive to them let alone the lines that are not.
Excellent question about Target exclusives. Maybe Mattel can offer the figures to Zellers like Hasbro does.

Lets keep the questions coming.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantripod View Post
On the MattyCollector Facebook page, I remember someone mentioned they had contacted Walmart Canada.

Unfortunately, they were told that Walmart Canada will NOT be ordering that wave, as they are not carrying the DCUC line.

So, here are my questions...

1) Given that Hasbro's Marvel Comic lines (e.g. Marvel Universe, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Iron Man animated, Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine & The X-Men) sell reasonably well, why has Walmart Canada refused to carry DCUC since the very first wave?

They seem fine with carrying the animated Brave & The Bold line (which do sell) and the Dark Knight movie figures (which nowadays do not sell and have become pegwarmers...at least at the Walmart close to where I live).

2) Will the later DCUC waves be available at Toys R Us, as well as the newer 2-packs (Batman & Clayface, and Superman & Brainiac)?

3) When wave 7 (the Atom Smasher wave) came out at Toys R Us, why did it seem like most stores only got half of the wave?

I never found a single Aquaman, Blue Beetle or Booster Gold at any store (and trust me, I hunted around frequently). I can understand if they were shortpacked, but it was easier to find the reissued figures of Green Lantern and Batman (which I assume would had as much demand) than those 3 particular figures.

Last edited by Eko123; 08-12-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
adriantripod
Cobra Trooper

Regarding the JLU line - which has not been available in Canada since they went U.S. exclusive: is there any kind of plan to make the figures the rest of the planet missed over the years available on Mattycollector.com once their exclusivity period ends?

I know in theory you released new three-packs "internationally", but I haven't seen them, which I suppose is another question altogether.
adriantripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Hasbro Canada stated back at TFCon that they pushed hard to get their Wal-Mart exclusive Masterpiece Skywarp on Wal-Mart Canada shelves. Is Mattel Canada "pushing" just as hard to get the Wal-Mart exclusive DCUC wave 10 on Wal-Mart Canada shelves?
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
MisBio12
Cobra Trooper

will any mass candian retails get BATSUPER public eneimes toys
MisBio12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
Super_Megatron

Quote: