ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-05-2024, 07:45 PM   #11
philtastic
Master of the Universe
Re: GameStop Policy Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLumpia View Post
Here are receipts from 2 different locations. Both receipts are from January 2024 so I guess they will be slowly updating the registers at each location.
Might be something to do with consumer protection laws in Quebec, but I don't have anything to that effect written on any of my recent in-store receipts. Just 30 days returns, except for open items. But I guess we'll see next time I make an in-store purchase. I assume they will have updated their receipts by then.
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 09:18 PM   #12
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Man greed keeps ruining everything.

I am cutting back on toy, and pretty much every non essential purchase, too. Will probably switch to Amazon just for the convenience when my Edge expires in August.
lifedragon99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 10:31 PM   #13
Napseeker
Dark Knight

These CEOs are all idiots and it would not shock me whatsoever that they are just trying to get short-term profit gains by making these customer-unfriendly measures so that their stock options are worth as much as they can squeeze out of them before the company sinks into bankruptcy (which is when they'll either get their golden parachute or have already sold off all their stocks).

Unfortunately the notion of rewarding business leaders for driving profits has basically turned some CEOs into very short-term "pump and dumpers" who only care about their own compensation and not a company's long-term survival and prosperity of its employees.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 12:52 PM   #14
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

so this means we gotta pay full price for every thing now from all the retailers huh? we just cant get a damn break. oh well. ive been trimming down on domestic and focusing more on imports again anyway cause all the anime stuff coming out. i agree. im getting tired of these greedball ceos too. its like after covid all these ceos started to become obsessed with lining their own pockets and maximixing short term profits even if it means crashing out like weve been seeing with our good friend hasbro
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 02:55 PM   #15
Robimus
Super Moderator

In regards to the seeming loss of the Edge discount.

It certainly doesn't help with pre ordering or the gotta have it quick collectors, but almost everything drops in price given time. Even if its just by $5, a lot goes down.

Yes, you could risk missing something, but playing a longer game will save you money if cost is a primary concern.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 03:06 PM   #16
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
In regards to the seeming loss of the Edge discount.

It certainly doesn't help with pre ordering or the gotta have it quick collectors, but almost everything drops in price given time. Even if its just by $5, a lot goes down.

Yes, you could risk missing something, but playing a longer game will save you money if cost is a primary concern.
the issue with playing the long game is most times stuff does not decrease signicantly and most of the savings you lose on tax and shipping. then when it comes to in store it depends on location and store. so the item may never go on sale despite waiting

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 02-06-2024 at 03:09 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 03:26 PM   #17
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
the issue with playing the long game is most times stuff does not decrease signicantly and most of the savings you lose on tax and shipping. then when it comes to in store it depends on location and store. so the item may never go on sale despite waiting

Just GI Joe Classified, there are like 30 items, in stock, that have dropped $3-$10 or more from initial pricing, many that were released in the past year on Amazon.

Yes, membership required.

TRU has had a lot of sales over the past year.

I get it's not for everyone. I personally don't care about price, within reason, for new releases I want.

But if someone is like, "bah, no more discount, I quit!!!!!". I'm just suggesting there are options.

I feel like there is not a single item I bought at regular price in the past year that I didn't see for less a few months later.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 02-06-2024 at 03:28 PM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 03:45 PM   #18
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

I’m all about the deal. I know I can wait for stuff and I have a pretty good mindset of when and where to pull the trigger. In my case with the edge discount I don’t necessarily worry about that. Now I’m probably going to have to and I’m cool with that.

But let’s be honest a lot of people in our community are all about getting it now. It plays into these companies hands and scalpers frankly. Our only hope of sending them a message is if a good portion of them learn restraint and hold out for a deal.

Not gonna hold my breath on that one.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 03:57 PM   #19
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

Toy companies have adjusted their production runs. What we've seen marked down over the last year was all ordered during the COVID boom.

The industry is not expecting to see the same level of clearance or price reductions in 2024. If anything, figures will become significantly harder to find.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 04:00 PM   #20
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Perfect storm then !
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collectibles, figures, gamestop, return policy, toys