ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-20-2022, 11:43 AM   #1531
philtastic
Master of the Universe
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

What's up with GameStop not getting BAT or Alley Viper?
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 09:25 PM   #1532
pandaprime
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08TLJHV3L/

BATS are available to order on Amazon.ca, $35. ETA mid July.

good grief, i don't check on the one day they are available. Grrrrrrr i am sad and mad......
Old 06-21-2022, 06:01 AM   #1533
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
good grief, i don't check on the one day they are available. Grrrrrrr i am sad and mad......
Don't feel too bad. I checked 5 minutes after that post and they were gone. Someone must have got a lot
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:07 AM   #1534
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
I think at this point it's worth it for anyone who didn't get these figs, who want em now and secure to just grab em for the wee bit more then retail price at CMD who have them in stock and ready to go

Alley Viper
https://www.cmdstore.ca/products/gi-...be3e73a6&_ss=r

B.A.T.

seems like these figures are just being a pain to get here in Canada. So I thought I'd try and help.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 11:03 AM   #1535
Hangfest
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
I think at this point it's worth it for anyone who didn't get these figs, who want em now and secure to just grab em for the wee bit more then retail price at CMD who have them in stock and ready to go

Alley Viper

B.A.T.

seems like these figures are just being a pain to get here in Canada. So I thought I'd try and help.
$27+ in shipping, bringing the total cost of one figure to $73 and change, is not a "wee bit more". Even if you buy multiple, you're still spending near the cost of a single figure extra to pay for freight.

Other retailers (including many of the small ones like Zed, Outrun, Toysnowman, etc) offer free shipping for those higher quantities, or lesser base freight charges if you're only buying one (or just a couple).

CMD gouges hard on freight.
Hangfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:54 PM   #1536
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangfest View Post
$27+ in shipping, bringing the total cost of one figure to $73 and change, is not a "wee bit more". Even if you buy multiple, you're still spending near the cost of a single figure extra to pay for freight.

Other retailers (including many of the small ones like Zed, Outrun, Toysnowman, etc) offer free shipping for those higher quantities, or lesser base freight charges if you're only buying one (or just a couple).

CMD gouges hard on freight.
Yeah CMD does gouge hard, no question
and yeah sorry, the shipping seems more for you, I buy from CMD sometimes and it's only 17 shipping, obviously it's due to locations. I tried haha
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:39 PM   #1537
Hangfest
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Yeah CMD does gouge hard, no question
and yeah sorry, the shipping seems more for you, I buy from CMD sometimes and it's only 17 shipping, obviously it's due to locations. I tried haha
I'm in NS, and $27+ tax as the base shipping option seems absolutely wild, especially since Halifax isn't really that far from Montreal where CMD is.

Anyway, no dig at you! You were just sharing some of the available options. CMD just tends to irritate me, heh.
Hangfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 05:34 PM   #1538
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
I'm in NS, and $27+ tax as the base shipping option seems absolutely wild, especially since Halifax isn't really that far from Montreal where CMD is.

Anyway, no dig at you! You were just sharing some of the available options. CMD just tends to irritate me, heh.
I think everyone has got the old shipping prices in their heads. Most especially thanks to free shipping from retailers. However Canada Post has raised rates, and did so again just recently.

I had to check recently and regular shipping for a medium sized box under 2kg from Ottawa to Toronto was $25!!! Before the pandemic it would probably have been just under $20. It isn't cheap anymore, and I think that is telling with the new minimum purchase levels a lot of retailers have implemented.

It really opened my eyes after complaining about shipping from Hasbro Pulse. It isn't cheap anymore, so I appreciate the online sponsors here more for still offering it when they can.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 08:10 PM   #1539
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:

I've only bought from CMD in the past through Amazon.ca and even then it was with a gift card. That's the only way in which I'll ever buy from them. Whenever friends or family don't know what to get me for Christmas or my birthday, I just ask them to get me Amazon gift cards.

Also, if you buy anything directly from Amazon but don't have a Prime membership, just add other items to your order to make it total $35 before shipping and tax. That way you can choose the free Super Shipping option.

On a related note, is it just me or does CMD have bot accounts which buy up stock of new, high demand figures when they're first available on the Walmart or Amazon.ca websites?

Last edited by Eko123; 06-22-2022 at 08:13 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 08:38 PM   #1540
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
On a related note, is it just me or does CMD have bot accounts which buy up stock of new, high demand figures when they're first available on the Walmart or Amazon.ca websites?
Couldn't say for certain, but it sure looks like once something comes available it sells out rapidly and suddenly CMD has all the stock with a $10+ surcharge.

In theory Walmart and Amazon would both like this because they get everything sold, then a double-dip for a piece of the resale value on their platform when it's relisted. Don't know if it's bots or just how the game is played now.

I get that everyone is trying to make a dollar, but it feels kind of unfair, and like it just makes everyone pay more for something they should have had a chance to get at MSRP.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote