ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-09-2023, 05:50 PM   #6702
Eko123
Body without Organs
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
And on Retro cards with no BAF!!!!!!

What the #@#$%?????

Most of the figures in the wave are "new/modern" figures, not really a fit with the Retro card aesthetic.

And no BAF is a choice to say the least. I guess that makes it easier for me. I'll stick with Tarantula and The Rose (but probably only on sale) and maybe Daredevil.

Otherwise an easy pass now.
Even though there are fewer accessories, I'm glad there's no BAF and they're in retro style packaging.

I like being able to cherry pick what figures I want to buy, rather than get ones I don't want in order to get pieces for a BAF I do want.

And personally, I don't mind if they get rid of the boxed packaging entirely (which we know was done more out of financial reasons rather than for the purpose of being environmentally friendly) and replace it with this type of traditional cardback. At least it will ensure we're not getting a swapped figure or one with missing accessories.

I'm wondering if BAFs will be replaced with deluxe figures in the future?

Last edited by Eko123; 03-09-2023 at 05:58 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 06:23 PM   #6703
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
I would 100% support this.
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 06:42 PM   #6704
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Force-Almighty, I really hope so! I've always hated the concept, especially given the way waves are always so mixed up. It's either deluxe or no sale for me.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 06:54 PM   #6705
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Just don't be expecting a price drop if they stop doing BAFs…
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 07:11 PM   #6706
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Even though there are fewer accessories, I'm glad there's no BAF and they're in retro style packaging.

I like being able to cherry pick what figures I want to buy, rather than get ones I don't want in order to get pieces for a BAF I do want.

And personally, I don't mind if they get rid of the boxed packaging entirely (which we know was done more out of financial reasons rather than for the purpose of being environmentally friendly) and replace it with this type of traditional cardback. At least it will ensure we're not getting a swapped figure or one with missing accessories.

I hadn't noticed on the first pass that there are actually two different cardbacks for this wave. The Rose and Tarantula come on the usual Retro cardback, but the rest come on a more stylized/modern cardback that evokes the theme of the Retro cardback.

Anyway, I like the BAF concept, and generally I haven't had to buy a whole wave for a BAF in a while (at full price). I did snag the Ursa Major, Xenmu and Tri-Sentinel waves to complete the BAFs. However I didn't pay full price for any of the figures in those waves except one, and that was because I really wanted the figure. So I am not really swayed either way by having a BAF or not.

However the lack of accessories, and the reality of them never dropping the price means we are going to be getting less for a higher price.

As for the packaging, I don't understand what they are doing here. I thought they were sticking with the plastic free packaging going forward (except for certain retro packs). This line certainly isn't "retro" in my mind, so maybe they decided to cheat? I mean they have changed with their other lines, so why this specific wave for ML?

Anyway I got my Terrax/Fallen One set from Pulse today. Unfortunately I got the wonky lower legs on Fallen One so I'll have to heat them up and hope they straighten out more. It isn't terrible compared to some I have seen online, but definitely not good. I'm pretty sure it is from how they packaged the figures. The cardboard holding it in place really compresses on the legs so I can see how that would warp them outwards. I am glad to have them though to expand my heralds display.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM   #6707
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Gamestop is shipping both X-men 3-packs. Only the Storm\Forge\Jubilee is still available online, though.

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...ubilee-figures

I guess I need to track down that Wolverine now...
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 01:10 AM   #6708
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Need some advice to finding Spiderman Retro Green Goblin, Mysterio, Sandman and Electro without giving to those Ebay prices.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 01:33 AM   #6709
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Need some advice to finding Spiderman Retro Green Goblin, Mysterio, Sandman and Electro without giving to those Ebay prices.
Unfortunately there's not much advice to give. Just hope you come across someone selling for a decent price, maybe buy loose to save some dollars. Otherwise you're SoL Not gonna lie though, I'm surprised electro is worth what he us now. He was peg warming literally everywhere when he released.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 04:42 PM   #6710
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Ha not really the place for this rant but whatever, in wake of all the pre-orders being released from Hasbro in one/two days, my credit card got cancelled due to them flagging some fraud issues with all of the authorizations and charging going through, so with that, my card was cancelled and now I lost all of my previous pre-orders.

thanks Hasblow, thanks.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote