ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
aznpnoy
Convention Exclusive
Canada Custom

Hey guys,

Anyone had a package stuck at Canada Customs before? I bought some toys from the US and got it shipped w/ a value of $85. It's a big package and now it is stuck at Canada Customs for a week now.

Is there anyway for us to contact them about it or do we just wait? If so, how long does it usually take to clear/ get inspected by customs?

Thanks!
aznpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
ARROW
Re: Canada Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpnoy View Post
Hey guys,

Anyone had a package stuck at Canada Customs before? I bought some toys from the US and got it shipped w/ a value of $85. It's a big package and now it is stuck at Canada Customs for a week now.

Is there anyway for us to contact them about it or do we just wait? If so, how long does it usually take to clear/ get inspected by customs?

Thanks!
Just wait for a bit. The item is probably being held for a Customs broker handling--because of the declared value of the parcel--and they might have a backlog. Its also close to Easter so the mail could be lagging just before the holiday. Give it another week and see.
ARROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

Yeah I've had things being held in customs for a long time.. i think the longest was a month and a half. you can call them, their number is on the canada customs website. But dont expect them to do anything about it, at least thats my experience. Just be patient and it should eventually come.
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
aquanet
Agent of Shield
aquanet's Ebay Auctions

I have a feeling my package is going to be held at customs, last time I ordered from BBTS, I waited 2 weeks

My Trade List | Follow me on Twitter
aquanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
aznpnoy
Convention Exclusive

I can now breath easier as it was just released by custom. I was just worried because I have read horror stories of packages being held for about a month or so.

Thanks for the replies guys!
aznpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquanet View Post
I have a feeling my package is going to be held at customs, last time I ordered from BBTS, I waited 2 weeks
BBTS takes a long time sometimes. It's normal for me to wait on average 3 weeks to get a package. My last order was done on the 4th of April and I probably won't receive it until mid next week. I almost always get hit with customs fees now with packages from BBTS. It's like that BBTS tape around the box is a magnet for customs officials.