ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-14-2020, 10:44 PM   #3091
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
What price are the CC supposed to be?
Pretty sure $24.97 is what they're supposed to be, not an error. It's the premium price for those those exclusive variants. They're priced high in the US as well, at $17.99 versus their regular &12.99 for TVC. Same with the Mando/Child 2pk, but the Incinerator Trooper is still the normal price. So the only thing that's not $24.97 in those displays is the Incinerator.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:54 PM   #3092
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsquared View Post
I'm kind of glad they are doing this era. If they set it in the post RotJ era, they really couldn't do the Rogue/Wraith stories from the books without contradicting the now established canon. Doing it in this era, they could bring in Corran Horn, and do his story, without contradicting anything. I'm okay seeing what a new Rogue Squadron can do. Plus if you set it post RotJ, you couldn't really have Dennis Lawson playing Wedge, which would be strange, since 30 years later, he played Wedge.
Those are good points, though I have a feeling they won't use any/many of the characters. Just using the old stuff as inspiration for the idea. I'd love to see Wedge come back even as a training commander, but I'd bet that Dennis Lawson probably wouldn't want to be involved.

It's more the whole feeling of the ST rubbing off on that era that turns me off right away. Maybe they can set it even farther down the timeline.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:11 PM   #3093
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

I plan to get Bo Katan from CMDstore. But who knows when they will put preorders up.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:17 AM   #3094
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
This is Sequel Trilogy based?

Lol
While I don't think anyone has officially stated the film's exact place in the timeline, they used phrases like "new generation" and "future era" in the Disney Investor event. So I think that's what has people assuming that it's set after Ep9.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:38 AM   #3095
heavyt93
Red Shirt

Walmart display (like the Ontario ones) is in BC! Surrey - Guildford will be up for the morning! Langley Walmart to have it too very soon!
Includes Holiday Edition Snowtrooper, 3.75" TVC Mando+Grogu, Incinerator

Last edited by heavyt93; 12-15-2020 at 02:58 AM.
heavyt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:16 AM   #3096
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Those are good points, though I have a feeling they won't use any/many of the characters. Just using the old stuff as inspiration for the idea. I'd love to see Wedge come back even as a training commander, but I'd bet that Dennis Lawson probably wouldn't want to be involved.

It's more the whole feeling of the ST rubbing off on that era that turns me off right away. Maybe they can set it even farther down the timeline.
I'm going to keep an open mind about this project. Especially since Patty Jenkins is involved (not withstanding her recent exposure as a shill).

Maybe, just maybe, they can do for the Sequel era what Clone Wars did for the Prequel era. Get away from the hard focus on a few characters and explore more of the galaxy at large. That could go a long way to washing that bad taste out of my mouth from the Sequel era.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:34 AM   #3097
Ksteel
Mutant

All I want is a Bill Burr action figure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEKCaWkwXb4
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:37 AM   #3098
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I'm going to keep an open mind about this project. Especially since Patty Jenkins is involved (not withstanding her recent exposure as a shill).

Maybe, just maybe, they can do for the Sequel era what Clone Wars did for the Prequel era. Get away from the hard focus on a few characters and explore more of the galaxy at large. That could go a long way to washing that bad taste out of my mouth from the Sequel era.
What’s ironic though, is this same thought process came out around the Prequel Trilogy. It wasn’t until the Clone Wars came out that people even thought the prequels had a redeeming quality. Hell, even the initial first season of the Clone Wars was poorly received, due to the kiddish nature of the show.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:48 PM   #3099
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Maybe, just maybe, they can do for the Sequel era what Clone Wars did for the Prequel era.
While I didn't have a big problem with the prequels, I get what you mean. If they're able to do something like that, it'd be the best case at this point. As much as some fans would like, Disney can't just erase the sequels from existence. Better to try and make something good come of them. I'll keep an open mind for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
Hell, even the initial first season of the Clone Wars was poorly received, due to the kiddish nature of the show.
As I recall, Rebels was the same. I saw this as the creators having to dumb it down initially in order to "sell" it to the TV execs. Once they got the green light, the tone got a bit more serious.

Last edited by wedge1021; 12-15-2020 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:32 PM   #3100
vsquared
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
While I didn't have a big problem with the prequels, I get what you mean. If they're able to do something like that, it'd be the best case at this point. As much as some fans would like, Disney can't just erase the sequels from existence. Better to try and make something good come of them. I'll keep an open mind for now.

As I recall, Rebels was the same. I saw this as the creators having to dumb it down initially in order to "sell" it to the TV execs. Once they got the green light, the tone got a bit more serious.
Unfortunately Resistance didn't follow suit. This does open the door for Poe to return as General Dameron. Maybe Norra and Wedge had a kid somewhere in there, and she's the rookie in Rogue Squadron?
vsquared is offline   Reply With Quote