ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-08-2022, 03:41 PM   #5711
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Well I finally got all 6 figures needed to make the Ursa Major BAF. Thanks to "free" gift cards, sale prices, and $5 Friday I was able to snag them all for a final total, tax in, of $104.84. So just a bit shy of $17.50 per figure. Always nice to get a deal, even if it took the better part of a year. Ultron was the one that screwed me as I couldn't find him for less than retail.

So I have to say that while I don't care about Ironheart, and the Hologram Iron Man is terrible in my opinion, the rest of them are pretty great.

Of course stealth IM is great, The Guardsman is a personal fave from the comics, and Ultron is all kinds of winning in his classic look. Darkstar is good, but it is more that she is another addition to the Winter Guard that puts her over for me.

However it is Ursa Major himself that is the superstar of the wave. Man is he a great figure, with great details, and his size is perfect. I love this figure, and he is definitely a top ten BAF for me personally. So now Hasbro get us some more WG members please.

Last edited by canprime; 08-08-2022 at 03:43 PM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 12:30 PM   #5712
philtastic
Master of the Universe

I posted this in the Marvel Legends Live Stream thread, but I'm so annoyed (and know fewer people will read that thread) that I'm reposting my comments here:

What complete and utter bullshit packing that new black/purple Ultimate Spider-Man in a 5-pack with four of the most D-list villains ever. Such a dick move by Hasbro, but what else should we expect at this point?

And putting the Moon Knight Khonshu BAF with the What If…? wave, and the What If...? Infinity Ultron BAF with the live action Disney+ wave is pretty weird and annoying, too. Not a big deal, if you want both waves, but if you want just live action, or just animated, it's yet another dickish move in a long line of dick moves.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:01 PM   #5713
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

Yeah, they're really pushing it with these releases, especially with the closed boxes and prices increasing. Luckily I'm not interested in any of the figures revealed today. I was hoping we would see Agatha Harkness but I guess she's coming later.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 03:24 PM   #5714
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
I posted this in the Marvel Legends Live Stream thread, but I'm so annoyed (and know fewer people will read that thread) that I'm reposting my comments here:

What complete and utter bullshit packing that new black/purple Ultimate Spider-Man in a 5-pack with four of the most D-list villains ever. Such a dick move by Hasbro, but what else should we expect at this point?

And putting the Moon Knight Khonshu BAF with the What If?? wave, and the What If...? Infinity Ultron BAF with the live action Disney+ wave is pretty weird and annoying, too. Not a big deal, if you want both waves, but if you want just live action, or just animated, it's yet another dickish move in a long line of dick moves.

What's funny is that I find the Ultimate Spiderman to be the worst figure in the set. I don't care about another Spiderman, especially a purple shaded one to fit with a comic version I never saw/read. I much prefer the villains in the set, well not Silvermane, but the other three are good choices in my opinion. Hopefully this ends up on sale like a lot of Amazon boxsets, but I won't be bummed if I don't get it either way.

As for the D+ wave, I like a few of them, but nothing screams at me to get it right away. I actually love that Konshu, but I can wait to see if it shows up again down the road.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:38 PM   #5715
tmnt2k3
Red Shirt

Got charged for lizard and Spider-Man
tmnt2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 09:29 PM   #5716
Vchipp
Red Shirt

Yea I understand the frustration. I want the two obscure villain that they revealed at SDCC (mainly for the lols) but now I have to get em with 2.5 figures I don't really want. I'm okay with Silvermane but is disappointed with Ultimate Spider-Man and the cheap looking Molten man.

I'm also kinda frustrated cause people wanted Khonshu but it does feel weird he's bundle with What If figures and the Jimmy Woo I want but kinda bored with that buck he's coming in.

Edit: whoops forgot it isn't just a What If? Wave cause of Classic Loki and He Who Remains

Last edited by Vchipp; 08-10-2022 at 09:38 PM.
Vchipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 10:14 PM   #5717
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Someone of Facebook pointed out that the Howard the Duck figure is nearly devoid of articulation. The only visible joints are the bottom of the neck, and the arms. Nothing in the legs or hips, and maybe not even a waist cut. WTF!?
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 10:22 PM   #5718
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vchipp View Post
Yea I understand the frustration. I want the two obscure villain that they revealed at SDCC (mainly for the lols) but now I have to get em with 2.5 figures I don't really want. I'm okay with Silvermane but is disappointed with Ultimate Spider-Man and the cheap looking Molten man.

I'm also kinda frustrated cause people wanted Khonshu but it does feel weird he's bundle with What If figures and the Jimmy Woo I want but kinda bored with that buck he's coming in.

Edit: whoops forgot it isn't just a What If? Wave cause of Classic Loki and He Who Remains
Isn?t Silverman just the head we got with that little car and an ultimate beetle body like was used in that Ultron/Vision/Hulk pack from 2015
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 10:34 PM   #5719
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
Isn?t Silverman just the head we got with that little car and an ultimate beetle body like was used in that Ultron/Vision/Hulk pack from 2015
You're correct about the reuse, and that body mold has thigh cuts that fall apart for no reason. It happened with the previous use of that mold for Ultron and for the ultimate Beetle, so unless they've somehow changed something, I have little hopes of it lasting.

I'm very disappointed with the Molten Man, he's been one of my most wanted for years and should have been an extremely easy figure to make, but he's on a body that's too small and is using whatever new metallic plastic hasbro has which leads to the inconsistent finish between torsos and limbs, just like the new iron Spider-Man.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 01:09 AM   #5720
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

Has TRU dropped any info on when ITSV Spidey Noir is supposed to start rolling out?
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote