ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-12-2023, 10:01 AM   #881
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Oops, busy morning today, here is the late update:

Giant-Man:

4,293 / 10,000 (+178) 42.93% of funding goal with 41d 13h left.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 07:23 AM   #882
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Giant-Man:

4,422 / 10,000 (+129) 44.22% of funding goal with 40d 16h left.
Old 09-13-2023, 04:01 PM   #883
cloud
Master of the Universe

I was expecting Giantman would be funded day 1. It's the lowest cost of the Marvel Haslab so far and it is something that I know fans have been asking.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 04:52 PM   #884
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

I think the lack of tiers and rather bare bones offering is making people hesitant. This is more or less just a regular Marvel legend body upscaled to 24 inches. There's no unique sculpt or gimmick features like Sentinel or Galactus that wow you. If this was $150 it would have funded by now but $200 is still steep for most people considering what it is, plus giant man isn't really a must have and can be an easy pass for some. I imagine this will cross the finish line but it will be a slow burn and probably won't over achieve.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 06:38 AM   #885
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Giant-Man:

4,512 / 10,000 (+90) 45.12% of funding goal with 39d 17h left.

Well it was going to happen so it finally dipped below triple digit daily gains for the first time. Let's settle in for a long month+ of backing numbers.
Old 09-14-2023, 05:01 PM   #886
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I think the lack of tiers and rather bare bones offering is making people hesitant. This is more or less just a regular Marvel legend body upscaled to 24 inches. There's no unique sculpt or gimmick features like Sentinel or Galactus that wow you. If this was $150 it would have funded by now but $200 is still steep for most people considering what it is, plus giant man isn't really a must have and can be an easy pass for some. I imagine this will cross the finish line but it will be a slow burn and probably won't over achieve.
Well. I recall the Sentinel and Galactus are over $300.
This is apretty big figure with more articulation, articulated fingers, etc.
I think Giantman, doesn't pop as much as Sentinel and Galactus where you want one to be inscale and the other to be as big as you can.

People can live with smaller size Giantman. There is no way this can be a $150 figure. Considering a NECA 1/4 (15"-18"size) is $119 with limited articulation, shared parts, less accessories and cheaper plastic
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 05:22 AM   #887
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Giant-Man:

4,590 / 10,000 (+78) 45.90% of funding goal with 38d 18h left.

Looks like we are officially in the double digit daily gains period now. Let's see where that takes us, lots of time left.
Old 09-15-2023, 02:00 PM   #888
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I think Giantman, doesn't pop as much as Sentinel and Galactus where you want one to be inscale and the other to be as big as you can.

People can live with smaller size Giantman. There is no way this can be a $150 figure. Considering a NECA 1/4 (15"-18"size) is $119 with limited articulation, shared parts, less accessories and cheaper plastic
I'm not referring to the scale which is why the figure doesn't pop. It's that it doesn't have a unique design like Galactus or Sentinel. It also doesn't have light up features like those do. I really don't see why this couldn't be under $200. It has no gimmicks/accessories, it has no unique sculpt that has a lot of pieces. It's literally just a giant sized basic Marvel Legends body with articulated fingers and toe hinge.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 09-15-2023 at 02:02 PM.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 08:18 PM   #889
duelerx
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post

I'll give you limited articulation, but less accessories? Just did a quick search for the 1/4 scale Leonardo, he comes with 4 hands, 2 heads, 2 swords, 2 pizza slices, and a turtle comm. The movie turtle figures and their 89 Batman come with a similar accessory loadout. I wouldn't exactly call that packed with accessories but it is way, way more than what comes with Giantman. Not to mention Neca usually does a full paint job for their figures whereas it looks like they're only giving Giantman some light airbrushing in the folds of his costume.

There are pros and cons to both, obviously Giantman is larger and better articulated, but that doesn't mean you should be blind to its flaws/the pros of other figures in a larger size.
duelerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 07:56 AM   #890
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Giant-Man:

4,680 / 10,000 (+90) 46.80% of funding goal with 37d 16h left.