ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-05-2022, 04:23 PM   #2161
nighthawk
Jedi Knight
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Gotcha. Thanks!
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 05:53 PM   #2162
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Amazon.ca shipped my Crimson Guards
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 11:06 AM   #2163
wesperino
Mutant

So I love my Serpentor figure but there is a paint dot on the head of the snake on his left shoulder.

Is there a good way to remove it safely. I suck at stuff like this and it always makes me anxious.

I called and complained to hasbro. They offered to send me a free gift. I assume it will be a SE Origins or a RB. Lol.

I saw someone in the states complained about mindbender and they sent him TF Duke with RAM.

That would be a merry Xmas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9353E2BA-0B80-4179-93B9-4B381AEECD0C.jpg (20.1 KB, 24 views)
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 02:53 PM   #2164
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

Isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab may take it off without affecting the plastic, but I'll let someone with more experience chime in. I'd stay away from any nail polish removers, etc. because those will eat into the plastic.

Hope you get a nice gift! Could be one of the newer figures, as it has to be something in stock there.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 09:50 PM   #2165
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Anyone get notified from Gamestop that their Crimson Guard is ready for in-store pick-up? I've never done a pre-order for in-store pick-up before. How long after the release date does it usually take for in-store pick-ups?
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 10:01 PM   #2166
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax78 View Post
Anyone get notified from Gamestop that their Crimson Guard is ready for in-store pick-up? I've never done a pre-order for in-store pick-up before. How long after the release date does it usually take for in-store pick-ups?
Really depends on how badly Hasbro shafted them on their orders.

Considering you're in Ontario and generally get it first, you may not have made the first cut and have to wait for GameStop to receive the next batch from Hasbro.

Whereas mine that was shipped to my home is stuck in Purolator Purgatory due to "weather".
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 10:49 PM   #2167
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
So I love my Serpentor figure but there is a paint dot on the head of the snake on his left shoulder.

Is there a good way to remove it safely. I suck at stuff like this and it always makes me anxious.
I had to double check, because it looked like the Snakes were painted like the attachments that extend around his pecs. They're plastic attachments though, so it should be good. And yes, a bit of alcohol should do it, though you'll want it the 90% or higher range. If you're worried about mistakes, then I'd recommend extra small q-tips, wherever you can find them. Dab light, wipe gently and that should work.
As Arishikage said, avoid Nail polish remover if you can, as that's one of the Nuclear options. Good luck!
BlackBeltJohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:38 AM   #2168
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
I had to double check, because it looked like the Snakes were painted like the attachments that extend around his pecs. They're plastic attachments though, so it should be good. And yes, a bit of alcohol should do it, though you'll want it the 90% or higher range. If you're worried about mistakes, then I'd recommend extra small q-tips, wherever you can find them. Dab light, wipe gently and that should work.
As Arishikage said, avoid Nail polish remover if you can, as that's one of the Nuclear options. Good luck!
Thanks. I'll try and see how it goes.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:32 PM   #2169
wesperino
Mutant

Next wave of PP/TF just dropped at TRU in Ontario. Newmarket got a case of each Bazooka, Recondo, PP Officer.

$44.99 each

If you got the spend $100 save $20 coupon they gave out last month it eases the sting.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:50 PM   #2170
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Really depends on how badly Hasbro shafted them on their orders.

Considering you're in Ontario and generally get it first, you may not have made the first cut and have to wait for GameStop to receive the next batch from Hasbro.

Whereas mine that was shipped to my home is stuck in Purolator Purgatory due to "weather".
Okay, thanks. I guess I'll play the waiting game.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote