ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-24-2023, 08:38 PM   #6961
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

I love this set because, along with the upcoming Hawkeye and the previously released War Machine we are basically done with the West Coast Avengers. Just need an updated Wonder Man (not the 70s Safari Jacket version).

I love the Jumpsuit Hank Pym, which is a version I thought would come with the upcoming Giant Man Haslab (still a rumour I know, but.....).

I love the modern Mockingbird figure from a few years ago, but this is my Mockingbird from my heavy comic reading days. Some issues with the look (sleeves and terrible single joint elbow).

Spider Woman is actually on a new pinless body so that is already a great improvement. He look is fine by me, even the hair design. Since I don't have a copy of her this works for me.

Tigra looks great. The colours are better, and the head looks better as well. I hate I already have her and this one is an improvement.

Silver Centurion Iron Man is fine. Much like War Machine I have the first release, and this is just a flatter colour scheme with some minor changes. Not really necessary, but I get why it is in the set.

Overall a great set to nearly complete the team, but I can see why this won't be a big mover. I'll get it, but it will have to be on sale before I'll bite.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 09:28 AM   #6962
Enforcer
Dark Knight

I think the proclamation of this being a poor seller and destined for discount is a healthy mix of regular Legend "collector" pessimism and wishful thinking on price to acquire.

The Amazon sets are usually readily available often times through periods of discount - but some are not. I think the Children of Thanos set ended up being harder to get and was never really discounted. To me, this set has a bit more appeal than the Wolverine 5-pack did so it's hard to predict just how long it will be available and if it might make it to discount.

It's a fine set, obviously there are some issue - but those are blown up by the usual negative voices.
Enforcer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 09:46 AM   #6963
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Tigra is dirt cheap and can still be found at retail, and Silver Centurion and Jess Drew you can find online for a decent price still. Whether this set sells or not will depend on how many people don't have any of the 3 above, how many people care about the updated Tigra and Jess, and how badly the people that have the 1st releases of above want Hank and Mocking bird and refuse to wait for a single carded release.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 10:41 AM   #6964
4lott
Master of the Universe

But the Tigra that’s out there leaves that cheesy residue on your fingers
4lott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 10:47 AM   #6965
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Tigra is an improvement, as is Julia. Being a Walgreens/GameStop exclusive means not everyone got that Iron Man.
Old 05-25-2023, 11:20 AM   #6966
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Tigra is an improvement, as is Julia. Being a Walgreens/GameStop exclusive means not everyone got that Iron Man.
I know that but my point was you can still get that Iron Man for a decent price so choosing to grab him and waiting on a mocking bird and Hank single card is very well a possible option people can choose to do.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:26 AM   #6967
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Ah.... sure. But by no means a guarantee. Highly speculative.
Old 05-25-2023, 11:52 AM   #6968
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I love this set because, along with the upcoming Hawkeye and the previously released War Machine we are basically done with the West Coast Avengers. Just need an updated Wonder Man (not the 70s Safari Jacket version).
And they already came out with Scarlet Witch, white Vision and US Agent.

The only other major West Coast Avengers character they haven't done yet is Living Lightning, although I doubt there's a lot of demand for him.

It's too bad they couldn't use the Lady Deathstrike sleeved arms for Mockingbird.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:52 AM   #6969
4lott
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Iron Man was plentiful at GameStop here for a while then showed up at winners
4lott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 12:23 PM   #6970
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Well... it's good that they changed the color then