ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-16-2023, 02:47 PM   #31
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Walmart Collector Con 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
With that I got in preorderes for everything I wanted.

Got the Indiana Jones figure too, not sure if I will collect the line but my wife might want to.

Worse case I just return it after is has shipped.

Honestly I don't see the Indy line doing much. Yes Indy and a select few will be popular, but overall I think the line will be pegwarmers. Especially at the current prices.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 03:47 PM   #32
random11
Convention Exclusive

Toxitron https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo.../6000206338273

Metroplex https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo...RD0RVCRX5JJGRB
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 04:49 PM   #33
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

The ones I wanted were the Joes and Clone Jesse. I managed to order all those.

For Ronin, I'll get him if I see him in store, but don't care enough for him to pre-order as I mainly want the unmasked head.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 04:57 PM   #34
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Walmart Scalper con is upon us again it seems lol. Poor wheelwave, keep checking the site it will Probably go up again at some point.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 07:30 PM   #35
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Unfortunately I can?t preorder kraven. My card expires before release date and I can?t use PayPal.

Why does this always happen to me!?!
Look the way to avoid this problem is to do what I do: have 2 (or even 3) credit cards that have different yearly expiry dates. That's how I got around this problem once I had to start doing pre-orders.

I've got one card expiring this year, so for the last while I've been using my other card (which expires in 2 years time) to place my pre-orders.

Problem solved.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 08:10 PM   #36
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Look the way to avoid this problem is to do what I do: have 2 (or even 3) credit cards that have different yearly expiry dates. That's how I got around this problem once I had to start doing pre-orders.

I've got one card expiring this year, so for the last while I've been using my other card (which expires in 2 years time) to place my pre-orders.

Problem solved.
You don't even need 2 credit cards. Most times if your card is expired and they can't charge your card, they'll ask you to update your payment method.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 09:19 PM   #37
wesperino
Mutant

Is that hulk hogan up? I want that thing.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 09:35 PM   #38
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
You don't even need 2 credit cards. Most times if your card is expired and they can't charge your card, they'll ask you to update your payment method.
Not Walmart their online ordering is shit. Can't update payment info. They must have recently upgraded their system to not allow expiring cards to work. I had the top gun transformer preordered last con and it didn't ship til after my card expired. They still shipped it and charged my card so I don't know what happened.

Also you can't cancel orders faster 30days. So if you preorder so thing then see it in GameStop for cheaper and earlier, like I did with black series axe wolves. They will still ship it out to you, and you have to return it in store.

Did anyone else get a bunch of pending charges to their credit card for what they ordered today? I don't remember that happening last year, but they don't usually charge till shipping.

Last edited by lifedragon99; 03-16-2023 at 09:39 PM.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 10:06 PM   #39
TheSwipe95
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Did anyone else get a bunch of pending charges to their credit card for what they ordered today? I don't remember that happening last year, but they don't usually charge till shipping.
It's just a pre-authorization. It'll clear in a day or 2.
TheSwipe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 10:17 PM   #40
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Always dangerous to assume that a retailer, any retailer, will do the logical, intelligent thing when handling pre-orders. Even if they've done so in the past.

My way bypasses any risk that Walmart or Gamestop will just cancel the preorder if the card has expired. I'd rather rely on my own intelligence than theirs, any day.

And Walmart can't even put their product on their website on time at 10am for 2 years in a row, who is really going to trust them to do anything right when it comes to exclusives?
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote