ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 08-03-2017, 09:52 AM   #31
adriantripod
Cobra Trooper
Re: Mattel DC Comics Multiverse 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
Sorry guys. Up until the King Shark wave, the Multiverse stuff was pretty unreliable and I wasn't sure how much of a market there still was for it.

I'll try to increase orders going forward.
I think the new reveals have piqued/re-awakened interest on these. I still wouldn't go for Legends numbers, but a healthy order boost is, I think, a good idea. I know if I can order a full set from you, I certainly will!
adriantripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:12 AM   #32
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

I know it might be apples and oranges comparing to Canada, but being down here in Phoenix while on vacation I have seen 1 figure from the Rookie wave... after going to over a dozen stores over the week... is that a new wave or old?

And then for JL Multiverse every store had 4 or 8 figures on the pegs exactly on August 1st: Target, TRU, WM. Completed Steppenwolf quite easily.

One WM store had the Zoom wave but no Zoom (who I am still missing for King Shark BAF). And speaking of King Shark, there is a TRU Exclusive War Robin who comes with a different head for King Shark. And this Robin is peg-warming in 3 TRUs down here.

Oh and also @ TRU they have Menelope (sp?) who has 2 flaming swords for the Ares BAF. And she is peg-warming too.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 08-04-2017 at 03:15 AM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #33
adriantripod
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
I know it might be apples and oranges comparing to Canada, but being down here in Phoenix while on vacation I have seen 1 figure from the Rookie wave... after going to over a dozen stores over the week... is that a new wave or old?

And then for JL Multiverse every store had 4 or 8 figures on the pegs exactly on August 1st: Target, TRU, WM. Completed Steppenwolf quite easily.

One WM store had the Zoom wave but no Zoom (who I am still missing for King Shark BAF). And speaking of King Shark, there is a TRU Exclusive War Robin who comes with a different head for King Shark. And this Robin is peg-warming in 3 TRUs down here.

Oh and also @ TRU they have Menelope (sp?) who has 2 flaming swords for the Ares BAF. And she is peg-warming too.
The Rookie wave is brand new, as in, a few weeks on the shelves in the States. No sign of them at all in good 'ole Canada.

No sign whatsoever of JL Multiverse figures either. TRU had some of the kid-friendly toys on August 1, but nothing else. Not sure why it's so hard to get both on shelves at the same time.

The King Shark wave has been spotted here, very randomly, in various parts of the country but to say they've hit en masse is wrong. It seems like some Walmarts and TRUs got them, but most didn't.

TRU has told me they're also not carrying the Damian Wayne or Menalippe figures, so if you want to pick up a Damian for me, I'd appreciate it!

Last edited by adriantripod; 08-04-2017 at 07:00 PM.
adriantripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:09 PM   #34
MichaelScarn6969
Agent of Shield

TRU has told me they're also not carrying the Damian Wayne or Menalippe figures, so if you want to pick up a Damian for me, I'd appreciate it! [/QUOTE]

Welp... A lot of wasted time hunting that Damian lol
MichaelScarn6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:29 PM   #35
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

We've got some singles from the Rookie wave in stock, but sold out of the full sets. (Sorry again, as per the previous discussion)

Last edited by Hoffman; 08-06-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:29 AM   #36
cloud
Master of the Universe

The quality has been so bad for these figures that the sales were low. I think wave 1 and 2 can still be found.
wave 3 is the King shark wave and the baf King Shark really stands out so people are hunting for it.
Somehow I managed to assemble the wave minus Zoom. Why the heck is he so hard to find?
Mattel really sucks! Basically I want to add King Shark to my collection. The figures in this wave are garbage. Although I do like Gordon Batman. Somehow they manage to have a head sculpt that feels like it's a different man behind the mask. And a swapable head instead of a unmask variant like they used to do.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:10 AM   #37
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

That BvS wave really messed up retailers. Not sure why anyone would want a Lex Luthor/Kurt Cobain figure, but there are literally hundreds of them.

Also, WTF is that stupid Gargoyle thing?

I would LOVE if Hasbro got the licence.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:12 AM   #38
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Update post-US-vacation return home...

US WMs in Phoenix were shipped a combo box from Mattel with the left half being wrestlers (why?). The right half was King Shark wave. Except it wasn't a whole set. So one store had 3x Burnside Babs and the other peg-warmers like Hawkman. One store I visited had 3x Zoom and 0 Batgirls. And the remainder of the display was for the cheaper 6" JL figures. 16.82 USD for DC Multiverse in the US BTW.

So I have finally completed King Shark at retail price. 6 months later... but he's totally awesome.

On the day before leaving I found the rest of The Rookie wave at a US WM (minus Reaper). I also found the cheaper 6" Parademon and it's a bit short but looks quite good with the DC JL wave.

I wish I could've brought stuff home, but had no room. And after shipping a 2lb box to a relative... USPS was very expensive at 24 USD as a minimum cost. The Robin and Menalippe peg-warmers will be at US TRUs for a while until they're clearanced. Maybe an Ameri-Friend can help out? 19.99 USD full price (and that's less than the prices up here after conversion).

And one last note. In LA the Frank & Son show had Zoom at 1 booth (which was closed). It was $40 USD. So I'm thinking the distribution of that wave was spotty all over the place.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 08-16-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:13 AM   #39
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Oh and as a general sighting, the local WM here today had the Batman and Cyborg Exclusives with Motherboxes... C$28.97 each and both are needed to complete them.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:30 PM   #40
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Found this piece of garbage at EB games on 130th today.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote