ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-01-2018, 03:25 PM   #171
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Thank you! I wasn't sure if anyone actually reads these things.

I agree about the AIM soldiers, could easily be done with a repack or on any of the countless moulds that that they have outside of the big guys.
Love the mini reviews! I also enjoy that you don't review a lot of the figures as soon as they come out. I find people gush over new product a little too much and overlook the quality/value because they are just so excited to have the newest figs at the time.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:39 AM   #172
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Love the mini reviews! I also enjoy that you don't review a lot of the figures as soon as they come out. I find people gush over new product a little too much and overlook the quality/value because they are just so excited to have the newest figs at the time.
I'm happy that you enjoy them! I actually started doing the reviews as a way to enjoy the backlog of figures that I had amassed during the 6 year gap of not having a toy room.

At this point the backlog is pretty diverse, but it really Transformer heavy and I'll need to start including more to carry the reviews forward. I may also start doing retro reviews of older toys if I have the time.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:52 AM   #173
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

071-2 Takara Tomy- Transformers Masterpiece: Tracks

I’m not sure if any of you did this, but back when I was a kid and played with my Transformers it was often a common practice to create a unofficial third “flight” mode for the cars. In most cases it was fairly crude, mostly involving opening the door panels and pulling the legs out, but in my 7 year old brain it was good enough. (Incidentally, looking back, it was pretty clear as to why I gravitated to the jet figures including my favorite transformer, who I use for my namesake) I must not have been the only one as whoever was responsible for designing Tracks (or his Japanese toy predecessor) also had the same idea, but actually had the power create an official car/flight mode; and I was certainly intrigued. Unfortunately I was never able to pick up Tracks as a kid, so I was pretty happy to see his inclusion in the Masterpiece line.

By the time I got him (a year or two after the initial release), it seemed as though the hype died down so I’m not certain if he was well received by the fandom. Yes there are some issues, but overall I like him and satisfied that he fits as “masterpiece” figure.

Pros: Great likeness with a satisfying transformation that is not too difficult (for a dummy like me). Good accessories and its nice that they included Raoul (perhaps the only minority character featured in the G1 transformers cartoon and he’s a street punk too boot!...SMH) and a good amount of other accessories.

Cons: From the side he has a gap thought his body in robot mode and I can’t seem to keep the side mirrors in place.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:52 AM   #174
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Too many pics again!

Old 02-05-2018, 01:29 PM   #175
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

072-2
Hasbro- G.I Joe Retaliation: Firefly

As I mentioned before in my Roadblock review, I liked the last G.I. Joe movie and I think much of that has to do with Firefly’s involvement and the character was portrayed as a total badass mercenary who certian gave the Joe team a fun for their money. I have also liked the character ever since I picked up a loose figure from a local garage sale back when I was ten.

Like Roadblock he comes with a good amount of accessories and can almost hold them all. He also is given a little tank drone that I assume he uses for mercenary business? I’m also glad that they release him with his signature mask over sculpting an actor likeness.

Pros: Good Accessories, typical G.I. Joe articulation and looks like a “real-life” Firefly.

Cons: None.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:16 AM   #176
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

073-2
Playmates- Original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Donatello

This figure is no better or or worse than the other three, but gets some bonus points for being my favorite of the 4. Just can’t help but think that these could have been so much better.

Pros: kudos to Playmates for producing a line of original Turtles.

Cons: Poor articulation plagues the entire line.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:16 AM   #177
Xtreme987
Jedi Knight

^
Looks like Raph to me.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:39 AM   #178
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
^
Looks like Raph to me.
No way man, Don is WAY different! He's the geeky one
Old 02-07-2018, 11:40 AM   #179
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

074-2
Disney Infinity 3.0- Star Wars: Ezra Bridger

Second infinity in the Rebel crew and likely the gateway for most younger kids is the main character Ezra Bridger. I was never really fan of Ezra from his weird blue dreads and constant whining, not unlike a young impetuous Luke Skywalker, he just felt a bit too forced (pun intended) in the role. That said, in the last two seasons he has aged up and become way more mature and interesting to watch, especially considering his constant questioning of the light and dark side of the force.

Pros: Nicely sculpted in a good action pose showcasing his hybrid Lightsaber/blaster.

Cons: Part of a cancelled game.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #180
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Ugh, when will Hasbro do some 6" GI JOE figures? That firefly would be a dream come true for army building goons if they scaled it up (with some obvious paint mods).
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote