ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #4001
narita
Agent of Shield
Re: Post your Action Figure hauls!

Picked up a Generations Skid over the weekend. First time to buy a transformer at retail in a long time.
narita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:48 AM   #4002
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I don't play the games, I have no interest in ever starting, I can barely stand Metroid FPS titles, and yet here I found myself today buying not one, not two, but five Halo Mega Bloks Blind Bags.

I blame Mattel's recent purchase rumours and potential happenings of the MB brand on my sudden interest, part of me thinks they'll vanish completely with my never having known the sweet mini-figure poseability design ever. The other part of me is just nuts for blind bag toys and Kreon Wave 4 is nowhere to be found so I'm looking elsewhere for my fix.

Quality wise, not so bad... I will say this though, the dude with the backpack from series 7 ODST or whatever, that peg is so loose the pack falls out really easy when handling. And if that's the only complaint I have then I can safely say that MB is really trying their all at improving quality on figures since the early days. I certainly hope we don't see a decline in this front due to Mattel's typical practices.
I don't play the games either. I don't even have an XBox. I just really like the minifigures!

I think your ODST may be defective. It shouldn't be that loose. If you want, you can contact Mega Bloks and see if they will send you a new one. I hope so too! I want them to keep the same quality for the figures and the sets. Mega Bloks have come a long way from its early days.

I believe Mega Bloks will be changing the Halo Spartan, ODST, and Marine minifigures this Fall. They will have Call of Duty type articulation and the ability to swap armour pieces! So series 9 will be the last of the "old" Spartan, ODST, and Marine molds. They will be rebooting the blind bags too. It will come with the new articulated minifigures.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rapidrundowns

I hope you enjoy my videos! Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! Thank you for watching!

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 03-04-2014 at 02:07 AM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #4003
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin View Post
I don't play the games either. I don't even have an XBox. I just really like the minifigures!

I think your ODST may be defective. It shouldn't be that loose. If you want, you can contact Mega Bloks and see if they will send you a new one. I hope so too! I want them to keep the same quality for the figures and the sets. Mega Bloks have come a long way from its early days.

I believe Mega Bloks will be changing the Halo Spartan, ODST, and Marine minifigures this Fall. They will have Call of Duty type articulation and the ability to swap armour pieces! So series 9 will be the last of the "old" Spartan, ODST, and Marine molds. They will be rebooting the blind bags too. It will come with the new articulated minifigures.
Eh I don't care about the looseness, it's just on the ODST because the peg is still tight on the Spartan MV and EOD I got at Target.

Any tips on how to take ink off? Somehow my red pen left marks on my fingers when I wasn't even touching the damn thing and now I've got a few red ink splotches on the ODST Backpack and Spartan Scout rear leg.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #4004
Kdawq
Red Shirt

Found a Darth Plagueis today 14.99
image.jpg
Kdawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #4005
4lott
Master of the Universe

kdawg, have you read Darth Plagueis? Is it good? I'm looking for another SW book once I finish Scoundrels
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:41 AM   #4006
cobralegion
Decepticon

Nothing new out so I picked up another Vamp MK2 mail in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hobbit2 031.jpg (95.2 KB, 22 views)
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #4007
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Colour me slightly dissapointed. Picked up the Halo UNSC Cryo Bay during the 25% off sale, having picked up a good dozen or more blind bags I figured something for them to interact with would be nice.

The brick quality has grown quite better since my last Mega Bloks set purchase back in 2001 or so, actually come to think of it I may have bought something in 1999. Anyway... Why am I dissapointed?

Master Chief's neck joint is so damn tight that trying to move his head on the ball joint it's meant to move on has resulted in almost shearing the thing off. I can't believe I'm saying this, but for once the tightness of the joint is the problem instead of it being too loose. And after having built so many figures without any issues of this caliber I wasn't expecting it.

Oh well, I'll just avoid moving his head.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:31 PM   #4008
cobralegion
Decepticon

Finally got Boba Fett!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toysagain 085a.jpg (97.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg toysagain 083a.jpg (101.0 KB, 40 views)
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #4009
aquanet
Agent of Shield
aquanet's Ebay Auctions

Not much of a haul, but I picked up;

Marvel Universe Aurora (Alpha Flight)
Spidey Legends Carnage and Black Cat

Hoping to find a GI Joe Blind Master at the con today, wish me luck!

My Trade List | Follow me on Twitter
aquanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #4010
dinga
Agent of Shield

Got a MH Figarts Alien and Wolf Predator. A few of the Richmond Anime stores had them. Not cheap but really well done.
dinga is offline   Reply With Quote