ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 06-12-2020, 09:19 AM   #1
WhenGeeksCollide
Cobra Trooper
EB Games Stories?

Hey everyone,
I have recently had some very interesting interactions with some EB Games staff. Before I share I was wondering if anyone else has any stories about "great" customer service?
WhenGeeksCollide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:50 AM   #2
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion
Re: EB Games Stories?

My EB sometimes likes to forget to call when product comes in. I go in just to browse and discover I have $300 worth of stuff in the cabinet.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:24 AM   #3
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

I've had nothing but great interactions with the staff at EB Games University Plaza.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #4
WhenGeeksCollide
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
I've had nothing but great interactions with the staff at EB Games University Plaza.
Thats in Dundas? If so, amazing if it was closer I'd go there everytime.
WhenGeeksCollide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 11:02 AM   #5
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Yup, that's the one!
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 12:08 PM   #6
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Ya the guy in Dundas seems to know his shit.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:14 PM   #7
wedge1021
Mutant

I've had pretty good luck with the Niagara Falls store. All of my pre-orders have come in over the past couple years. Once in a while they're delayed due to short supply, but come in eventually. I had to make sure my phone number was up to date on their file, so I always get a call when something is in. The Edge discount is helpful, and I'm happy that they are getting a lot of exclusives in that we probably wouldn't see otherwise (particularly Walgreens ones).

That said, I've pretty much avoided buying since the pandemic lockdown, so not much recent experience to go on.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:09 PM   #8
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

Mine has been pretty good so far. They always call when my stuff comes in. One time they were short shipped a Marvel Legends wave (Beast/Jubilee wave) so the manager tracked down another box for me from their warehouse.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:45 PM   #9
adriantripod
Cobra Trooper

No complaints here - I've been very happy with every EB/EBX employee I deal with. The managers especially are great. They kind of know me now, which helps a lot. I understand some employees may suck, but that's true of every business and they usually don't last long.
adriantripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:59 PM   #10
Rj64
Agent of Shield

I actually didn't use eb right away often because the location I went to just wasn't good. The kids that worked there would never call or sell your stuff and they just didn't overall care. Then eb started getting all the exclusives so I tried a different location and it was the exact opposite. The 6 employees are all super nice. I'll often spend half an hour talking after my purchase with them. It also helps that 3 of the 6 workers are collectors so they know the importance of getting the figures you want. Ive got everything i've ever ordered. Sometimes they get under shipped and you many need to wait a few more weeks but they eventually come in. So I miss going there since my location is in a mall and currently closed. But its basically the best experience for me now that I found the right store. Some people care, others don't, so you just have to find the right one in your area. I always let them know how appreciative I am for everything. So sometimes it pays to go a little out of the way to find the right store.
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote