ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM   #4611
usernameprime
Cobra Commander
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

possibly a unpopular opinion but it would have been nice if the packaging still included a foot locker.

In general I would have loved for all figures to have a foot locker that would fit the actual figure at least. Doing so would make storage/organizing so easy and would have me recycle the rest of the packaging. I still have all my boxes and it annoys me.

Even best would be packaging or cardboard insert that can be cut/folded/tabbed together into the footlockers.

Last edited by usernameprime; 04-17-2024 at 01:37 PM.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 02:20 PM   #4612
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Talk to the people who got screwed over by Gamestop and Amazon with preorders before saying "you're going to get it." If you preorder something the chances are high you will get it, but it isn't a guarantee based solely on past experience. I always think back to the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry is supposed to have a rental car and they don't have any in stock. I laugh thinking about how Amazon and Gamestop are the employee at the counter saying they are out of stock and we as the customers are Seinfeld "but I reserved (preordered) it?"

Amazon/GS - "I know what a reservation (preorder) is."

Us - "I don't think you do."

Also I think you and I are seeing different threads because I see VASTLY more people complaining, albeit lightly, about preorders coming in too quickly, not being delayed, because of the hits to wallets.
Amen!
BlackBeltJohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 04:01 PM   #4613
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

My Duke from Gamestop just shipped.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM   #4614
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Got my Duke today!! It's hard to put this to words man. I've been waiting my whole life for this figure (without realizing it fully until Classified was a thing). I never had the original back in the day. Wanted it, but never got it. This was worth the wait, it looks phenomenal, and I've not even opened it yet!
BlackBeltJohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 05:36 PM   #4615
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameprime View Post
possibly a unpopular opinion but it would have been nice if the packaging still included a foot locker.

In general I would have loved for all figures to have a foot locker that would fit the actual figure at least. Doing so would make storage/organizing so easy and would have me recycle the rest of the packaging. I still have all my boxes and it annoys me.

Even best would be packaging or cardboard insert that can be cut/folded/tabbed together into the footlockers.
I've kept all the boxes as well. If they were a universal size and look that would be cool, but they keep changing the look and size. A foot locker that could fit the figure would be cool. I also wish each figure came with a card the size of a hockey card with character art on the front and a file card on the back. You could then display them in a binder or keep them in top loaders. That would be pretty sweet.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM   #4616
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax78 View Post
I've kept all the boxes as well. If they were a universal size and look that would be cool, but they keep changing the look and size. A foot locker that could fit the figure would be cool. I also wish each figure came with a card the size of a hockey card with character art on the front and a file card on the back. You could then display them in a binder or keep them in top loaders. That would be pretty sweet.

Honestly I find the footlockers kind of cheap looking and feeling. I am good without them.

However if they really wanted to do something like that, why not go the Sigma 6 route? It was such a genius idea to make the top and bottom of the packaging connectable into a footlocker type of storage. Imagine if they could do that with the Classified line?

Of course it would add a ridiculous amount to the cost of the figures so I don't see that ever happening. Though maybe with the deluxe releases?

Oh and I picked up a Big Boa from TRU with the 25% off R Club coupon. It came out to just over $36 after tax, so I save about $4 compared to regular price at other places. Not great, but still saved something. There wasn't much at the location I went to that I either didn't already have, or that I didn't want to spend the money on at the moment. I was going to get the PP Officer/Trooper (whatever) but they were sold out (saw 3 last week).

In any case Big Boa is so great in hand. I already liked the look of the release from all the pics, but man in hand is he fun!!! Great unmasked head, love the bloody wrapped hands!!! The weights!!! I just wish they could have given us the punching bag/stand, but I know that would have bumped up the price.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 05:49 PM   #4617
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I used my 25% off coupon for a Star Wars thing. That's the only way I'm willing to buy from TRU now.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 05:59 PM   #4618
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Where are you guys getting the 25% coupon from
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 06:36 PM   #4619
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
Where are you guys getting the 25% coupon from
TRU emailed a coupon out to its R Rewards members, or whatever they calls its.

I've got but can't find much to buy

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 07:33 PM   #4620
nevertrustasnake
Red Shirt

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/gi-joe-...5?from=/search

Dreadnok Gnawgahyde is listed for under retail on Walmart.ca right now. Best Buy had it listed at this price, too, before they sold out.
nevertrustasnake is offline   Reply With Quote